We didn't make the cut. - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
We didn't make the cut.

We didn't make the cut, but I'm guessing it's because the V 1000 hasn't had a chance to be properly tested.

https://rideapart.com/articles/best-...-bikes-storage

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 02:45 PM

I think ours is in the high 300s right? I feel like I max that out everytime I wear my backpack and tie my lunchbox to the passenger butt part
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 08:05 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I need to test ride a Super Tenere.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I need to test ride a Super Tenere.
friend of mine let me test ride his, comfortable and powerful but damn heavy.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanThomas View Post
We didn't make the cut, but I'm guessing it's because the V 1000 hasn't had a chance to be properly tested.

https://rideapart.com/articles/best-...-bikes-storage
I think it's more that the Versys, 650 or 1000 is not really considered an adventure bike, period.

17" wheels, etc, make it seen more as a versatile touring bike than anything else

BMW are calling their new bike, the S1000XR, and "adventure sport bike" as distinct from what they calll 'enduro' and most epople just call adventure.

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motor...MW-S1000XR.htm

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Last edited by tropicalbikey; 11-26-2014 at 06:22 AM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 08:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Interesting: the Triumph Tiger carries the most weight and has an unreal 950W alt. output, and yet it is lighter than the Tenere.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalbikey View Post
I think it's more that the Versys, 650 or 1000 is not really considered an adventure bike, period.

17" wheels, etc, make it seen more as a versatile touring bike than anything else
I'm a believer that the Versys is not an adventure bike, but I also think the same of the Caponord and Multistrada, yet those did make it to the list.

They went for the "full sized ADV tourers", they included every 1000cc+ ADV Tourer available from each importer in the USA market. The only one that is missing that I can think about is the Moto Guzzi Stelvio, but it is made by the same company as the Caponord, and the former does not compare in electronics or power to the other bikes in the list. Pretty sure that Piaggio chose the Caponord for that list.

I'm sure that had the V1000 been available earlier it would have made it to that list.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalbikey View Post
I think it's more that the Versys, 650 or 1000 is not really considered an adventure bike, period. 17" wheels, etc, make it seen more as a versatile touring bike than anything else. BMW are calling their new bike, the S1000XR, and "adventure sport bike" as distinct from what they calll 'enduro' and most epople just call adventure.
??? Help Wikipedia:

Enduro is a form of motorcycle sport run on courses that are predominantly off-road. Enduro consists of many different obstacles and challenges. The main type of enduro event, and the format to which the World Enduro Championship is run, is a time-card enduro, whereby a number of stages are raced in a time trial against the clock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Süsser Tod View Post
I'm a believer that the Versys is not an adventure bike...
Why? I'm sure the Versys, Multistrada, or the new S1000XR will work fine for adventure duties. I would NOT want to find myself off-road with any one of these, riding beside Dual Sport bikes, but for typical adventure touring duties, they get the job done.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 05:38 PM

I'm biased, but the time has long passed since I was able to take seriously anything published on Rideapart.

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motociclista View Post
I'm biased, but the time has long passed since I was able to take seriously anything published on Rideapart.
I'm not biased (except insofar as being a former RideApart reader as a HFL refugee, so biased IN FAVOR of them if anything), and that site became unreadable at least a year ago.

Liking your work on Common Tread, though. But I gotta ask; do Lemmy and Sean bicker like that in real life?

Jon
'09 Versys in Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode