What do you think of his riding skills? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
What do you think of his riding skills?

Hey Everyone, I came across this video. I humbly ask if you think he was ready to ride a Ninja 1000 SX?

Cheers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Would not let him ride my Ninja 1000, its like he just kept on the gas.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 08:06 AM

Couldn't drive a nail, way over his head I'd say.

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

I could not agree more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
Couldn't drive a nail, way over his head I'd say.
LMAO, not at his misfortune, but at your sarcasm. Pretty right on!

Cheers!

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angst View Post
LMAO, not at his misfortune, but at your sarcasm. Pretty right on!
I hate to come across like that. But I get so sad and mad to see riders who are clearly over their head on the bike they're riding. WE understand not everyone is a Kenny Roberts or Valentino Rossi and we learned to ride well with in our personal limits...I mean we're still here so we must have learned something, right?

A younger kid from work ask me about buying a new bike this year, his first. After a long talk I told him to look at the Ninja 300. If you haven't ridden one they are a great bike to learn on AND fun to ride once you get some experience. He of course showed up on a Ninja 636 and said the salesman said he'd outgrown the 300 too fast. Didn't last a month before he dropped it and did about $1,500 worth of damage to it. Trashed the fairings and tank, bars as well. I can't say that a smaller bike would have stopped him from crashing but it might have helped...who knows. At least he had on gear and limped away with mainly his pride and wallet hurt.

In the video the guy seem to be tossing the bike around with abandon and in a parking lot, seems that's where he was at, it never comes to any good.

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys

Last edited by Time; 11-16-2014 at 11:28 AM.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 10:47 AM

No idea why this guy was on a 1000.
Way, way to much machine for him.
I'm not sure he could control a 300 from what I saw.
Complete lack of throttle control

2009 Kawasaki Versys
2007 Honda XR 650L
2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 750

Last edited by DK35vince; 11-16-2014 at 12:06 PM.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
This is the brief GoPro video summary of my near-death experience when poor road conditions hurtled my 2014 Ninja 1000 SX through an iron gate type fence, and then a 6" (about 14cm) concrete wall and I landed 5 meters away on a wooden plank overhanging a 1-2 meter deep canal. I came very close to drowning in a canal since I was unconscious. I had to have my jeans cut-off me since my femur had ripped through my jeans. On the way to the hospital my heart stopped 2 times and was re-started with CPR and epinephrine.
when poor road conditions hurtled my 2014 Ninja 1000 SX through an iron gate type fence

those roads looked better then most of the roads i ride on.........
lack of brain cells working and some whiskey throttle caused that....
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by angst View Post
Hey Everyone, I came across this video. I humbly ask if you think he was ready to ride a Ninja 1000 SX?
I'm NOT sure a "Honda 50" wouldn't be TOO much for that guy...!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 01:15 PM

yah... off the line he went onto the grid section of the parking area, and started losing control. And he continued on the throttle down the ramp, with the bike clearly hopping left and right, AND didn't even let up with the up coming turn. I wonder how much did it have to do with showing off his new sports bike to the girl with the short skirts.

he's a danger to himself and the public. He's lucky that it happened in a parking lot with nobody around. He could've seriously hurt innocent people like that.

Peter
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
The Ninja is not a super sport but will still go fro 0 to 100 kph in under 3 sec, closer to 2.6 if you can get everything right, my opinion is he had no idea what power he had between his legs and should go make to a 50 cc scooter.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 02:41 PM

Im trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt by assuming the initial jarring of going off the riding area messed with his throttle control, but i just cant put myself in his situation.

I could see hitting a bump hard would maybe make my wrist flick and give a burst of power, but then i feel like id just open the clutch and coast it out. The way he started sounded like it was wayyy too much clutch slippage which tells me either its his first time riding that particular bike or his first time on any bike

This vid is so hard to comprehend. Its like hes drunk or literally bought a new bike and goPro 5 minutes before recording....and he probably read more goPro instructions than motorcycle ones
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 03:13 PM

Its easy to get off the edge of the road or in a bad situation where it can try to wreck you.
Done that myself a few times.
It was his total lack of throttle control after that scares the hell out of me

2009 Kawasaki Versys
2007 Honda XR 650L
2005 Kawasaki Brute Force 750

Last edited by DK35vince; 11-16-2014 at 03:17 PM.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 05:19 PM

Garage
What riding skills?
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 05:46 AM

A monkey can twist a throttle open and go fast in a straight line.

It takes an intelligent human being, to understand how to corner and brake safely.

at
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 05:57 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
A straight up example of panic and adrenalin and how fast things can go terribly wrong. On a starter bike he might have had time to correct and stop, or at least would have been going slower when he crashed.

My Versys Travels:

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 07:11 AM
MTS

A nightmare!

Please wake up in bed!

Go to work on a 50cc or pedal bike!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 03:28 PM

You know, this was clearly rider error, but I do sympathize with the edge trap he hit. I've hit those before and at the wrong angle you go down. I did once. Now he stayed up and failed to slow down, which is bizarre and hard to fathom, but the edge being a problem is common to all of us.

I look for those damn sharp edges like a hawk. Swear I have a sixth sense about them now.

2009 Versys 16K

We sit together the mountain and me, until only the mountain remains.

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-17-2014, 04:43 PM

"Doctors should not treat him"

- Charles Darwin
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Maybe too far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan View Post
"Doctors should not treat him"

- Charles Darwin
I know the guy screwed up in all sorts of ways, but I can't say he should not be treated. Any of us riding a bike know the inherent risks involved and just like some stupid cager out there putting on make up or swigging back on a cup of coffee can make errors in judgment. I think that any of us deserve to be treated, it is what we would want for any of our fellow riders. While we have had a some fun at mocking the guys skills or lack there of, I would hope that no one would want a fellow rider to die over stupid, inexperienced, performance behind the bar. It's bad for our beloved sport and bad karma for whoever would want something so terrible and final.

If you can stop someone from doing something stupid while riding, mention it to them. Maybe someone will do the same for you.

Ride on, ride safe.

Cheers!

Last edited by angst; 11-18-2014 at 11:32 AM.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-18-2014, 10:09 PM

Ah, the ol' hit the gas instead of the brake.
He didn't have the brake or the clutch levers covered. Maybe next time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode