Going for a ride - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Going for a ride

I'm back out in SoCal visiting family (and my Versys ).

I had a new set of Pirelli Scorpion Trail tires installed yesterday and then went for a short ride to get the tires scuffed in. So far, I like them. They feel good on the street - nice feeling when turning into corners and plenty of grip. I haven't really tried any dirt roads with them yet but they look like they should be good for some mild off-pavement exploring.

Today, I'm going out to ride the Palms to Pines loop. I'll start by taking the Ortega Highway out to Lake Elsinore and continue to Hemet CA. From there I'll take 74 to Palm Desert and 111 from Palm Desert to Banning. From Banning, I'll turn South on Rt 243 from Banning back to Hemet.

Should be a nice day of riding. Hoping to get some video from my new GoPro camera too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Kawasaki Versys, 2012 BMW K1600 GTL, 2013 Triumph Street Triple R, 2006 HD Electra Glide Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 12:55 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Glad your back out this way..I know those roads well. If you get a chance you should hit Ortega hwy then head out to Fallbrook on the back roads...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w6KwJOFNWE

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-19-2014, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Friday's ride was relaxing and enjoyable. Weather was perfect, traffic was light, and the scenery was great. An all-around nice day for a ride.

The Scorpion Trail tires worked very well in the twisty sections with plenty of grip and predictable handling.

Due to my unfamiliarity with the Go Pro camera, I missed some footage because I had the camera set to looping mode resulting in most of it being overwritten. The video I did capture looked pretty good. I had the camera mounted on the crash bar and it was pretty much vibration free. I was pleasantly surprised with the sound quality and lack of wind noise.

2013 Kawasaki Versys, 2012 BMW K1600 GTL, 2013 Triumph Street Triple R, 2006 HD Electra Glide Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode