The unthinkable - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The unthinkable

My Versys has accused me of having a wondering eye. She wouldn't be wrong either. Several times I've been caught looking at different bikes in the parking lot, taking longer than necessary stares at other sportbikes while stopped at a red light, and I was caught red handed with several bike magazines late at night.

I love my V and she has treated me well, but sometimes I just want a little more this, and a touch of a little more that. I feel so guilty. I must repent and give her a nice bath and massage her wheels.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 01:12 PM

I'll take her off your hands.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
See if the V is up for a ..Ménage à trios.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 03:28 PM

post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 04:12 PM

Is that 'wondering' ("I wonder what else"), or 'wandering' ("straying from the chosen path")?

FarRider#89; IBA#45911; Versys 650 ABS 2015; Triumph Tiger 900 ('93).
Newcastle Australia
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 04:48 PM

little bit more of this horsepower
and a centerstand

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 05:26 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
That's OK. There is no monogamy with motorcycles. Ride as many as you can. I sometimes ride 3 in one day.

My Versys Travels:

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motojunkee View Post
and a centerstand

I'd like more hp and the centerstand, I fixed the suspension which was my biggest complain about the Versys...

But the 1000? Nope, here we got the old 1000 and it was HUGE, it's a manatee and handles like a manatee would handle if you put wheels on it.

IMHO the perfect middle step in between the manatee Versys and the real Versys is the V-Strom 1000.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 11:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motojunkee View Post
and a centerstand

Probably my next bike
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 11:36 PM

The 1000 just seems so huge, that wide motor cant help in that department either
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 10:11 AM

If you feel that bad about it, just buy a Grom or a baby Ninja. That way the V can feel superior that it can kick their little butts if need be.....
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 10:40 AM

I dont feel bad about it? I'm just saying that it seems to forego what makes the 650 great.
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King.Versys View Post
My Versys has accused me of having a wondering eye.

Last night, in my garage, I was working on my other bike (my trials bike). My V was sitting in the garage, quietly, patiently, about 10 feet away. I could swear that she sighed or whistled at me twice during the evening! She said "SSSSwwwwwwssshhhhhhhtt!" I know I heard it!

I just gave her a soft "I know, I know, it's ok. Maybe this weekend."

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 10:55 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattydiah View Post
I dont feel bad about it? I'm just saying that it seems to forego what makes the 650 great.
I get what your saying...But for a bigger guy like myself. The 650 V didn't start off great. I had to mold it into a great bike for me. It was a fantastic platform. But with what i spent on it i could have probably bought the V1000.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 11:15 AM

I don't understand how people assume the 1000 is a big brute or a manatee without even seeing or sitting on it.
At only 70 pounds heavier but 80% more hp and 66% more torque than the 650 it is still as agile and has the same fun factor but tons more power and acceleration when you want it.
The inline 4 Z1000 engine is absolutely fantastic and bulletproof like the 650 was especially on longer trips loaded with luggage that I have been doing much more of but still great around town.

2013 Versys1000
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 11:47 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-COASTER View Post
I don't understand how people assume the 1000 is a big brute or a manatee without even seeing or sitting on it.
At only 70 pounds heavier but 80% more hp and 66% more torque than the 650 it is still as agile and has the same fun factor but tons more power and acceleration when you want it.
The inline 4 Z1000 engine is absolutely fantastic and bulletproof like the 650 was especially on longer trips loaded with luggage that I have been doing much more of but still great around town.

I only have one question...Is the V1000 top-heavy like the V650?

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-COASTER View Post
Do you mostly ride solo, or with a passenger?
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Süsser Tod View Post
IMHO the perfect middle step in between the manatee Versys and the real Versys is the V-Strom 1000.
So the V-Strom 1000 feels smaller than the Versys 1000?
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I only have one question...Is the V1000 top-heavy like the V650?
I don't notice it all but I never really thought the 650 felt top heavy either, maybe I'm just used to that feel of a bike. When I had the Wee Strom a lot of people thought they were top heavy but I never noticed that either..
Maybe its because I am so strong and powerful
like Aaaaarnold.

2013 Versys1000
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trialsguy View Post
Do you mostly ride solo, or with a passenger?
Mostly one-up. On trips I have two 33 litre side bags, a 47 litre top box and a 50 litre duffel on the passenger seat.
When my wife does go for a ride, I crank the rear suspension up 5 clicks and good to go, wouldn't know she was there.

2013 Versys1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode