Today is T-3 - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
Bob

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Today is T-3

Super excited

passed my learners this morning, which means that during my lunch time I'm off to the dealership to go do the paperwork. And when all is approved there is a 3 day lead time to get the V at the dealer and sorted for me.

But we are going away for the weekend So I will get the V and then have to pack for the weekend and leave it here... just not fair.

But still!

...T-3 and counting!

08' Diablo Black Kawasaki Verys
98' 3.0L V6 Colt Rodeo D/C (Engine rebuilt, Body lift, Monroe Shocks, 32" Wrangler MTR's, GME GX300)

Work hard, play harder. --Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Bob

suxor.

Have to wait until tomorrow morning for financing confirmation, and then end of next week for my V if all is good. Parently the last black one was given to a guy that came and bought cash

At least the bikes are in the country already, currently on their way to Kawa SA to get on the system and then will be shipped down to Cape Town.

...the wait... continues...

98' 3.0L V6 Colt Rodeo D/C (Engine rebuilt, Body lift, Monroe Shocks, 32" Wrangler MTR's, GME GX300)

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 04:14 PM

Thumbs up Black!!!

Bob,good luck with the V.I wish I would have had the option of waiting a short time for a black one.Only red here in the U.S. Cheers......Lefty.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 04:47 PM

Bob - Congrats on your Test and good luck!

Post some pics when you get it.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 03:30 AM Thread Starter
Bob

Thanks guys, yup will post pics foh sho. Struggling to focus on work at moment, sitting waiting for the phone to ring so the dealership can tell me what the financing companies offer me. Also waiting for another quote for insurance.

We got the candy green, blue, and the diablo black 2008's, looked at a candy green V and saw the blue on another Kawa next to it, think it was the ninja, can't remember, but when I saw the black one that was it.

Been waiting for more than 2 months now, I suppose another 2 weeks...well...could most probably kill me

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-09-2008, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Bob

Ok well sorted then... with mixed feelings.

Financing companies came back with following responses:
1. Declined (They insist on a 10% deposit)
2. 22% Interest rate
3. 20% Interest rate
4. 18% Interest rate

Option 4 it will have to be then, just means that I will have to pump in extra money to try and make up for the high interest rate.

So current date for HOB (Hands On Bike) is July 18th.

Still waiting on another insurance company for a quote, hoping they will beat the current quote of around $45 and offer $39 but with the excess being loads better. Posted the current quote's excess in the Insurance thread, it is pretty rough if I damage the V while I don't have a full license yet.

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Ok well sorted then... with mixed feelings.

Financing companies came back with following responses:
1. Declined (They insist on a 10% deposit)
2. 22% Interest rate
3. 20% Interest rate
4. 18% Interest rate

Option 4 it will have to be then, just means that I will have to pump in extra money to try and make up for the high interest rate.

So current date for HOB (Hands On Bike) is July 18th.

Still waiting on another insurance company for a quote, hoping they will beat the current quote of around $45 and offer $39 but with the excess being loads better. Posted the current quote's excess in the Insurance thread, it is pretty rough if I damage the V while I don't have a full license yet.

Hey Bob, im a fellow South african living in Sweden, if i may ask, just to fill my curiosity, how much in "Rands" was your V ? Im quessing about 80 or 90 grand ?

In rands, i paid about 63500 for my 07' V

Grats on the bike btw ! I would have loved the Black..or Green, but i love my Silver
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
Bob

Zup Hanebil,

Sweden huh? Guess you needed some colder weather, you can come back to Cape Town if you are looking for cold at the moment, we running in the low tens with ridiculous amount of rain at the moment. Some areas in WC has a high of 5 today... nice weather for getting one's bike...

Nope, price still good, paying R64 500 (68k when you throw in heated grips, other screen, registration costs etc etc.) for the '08, been watching the price for more than a month now since the Kawa dealerships were notified of increased prices. The KLR650 went up with about R7000 and one of the other bikes (forget which one now) climbed with almost R10 000. but the V stayed steady thank goodness.

With the oil and fuel price up and climbing (Currently R10.47 per liter) and the interest rate, raised car sales keep dropping and bike sales keep climbing, which means off course that now the bike prices are rising as well to score a bit.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 08:21 AM

Hey Bob !

The weather here is great at the moment, Hot ! By hot i mean, like 20 Good for riding
Except for evrything else, i couldnt take all the crime anymore, that was 7 years ago

I hear from the family about the heavy fuel prices, and the fact that bike sales are rising alot! Those interest rates in your OP are very high, i think...Never had a loan in SA...Acutally i dont even know what mine is here in SE, so i shouldnt really talk, it's probably higher...

But i think thats a flipping good price your paying !!

Let us know when you get the bike, maybe you already have pics to post ?

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanebil View Post
Those interest rates in your OP are very high
Yup, they are very high, I think the financing companies are doing it to scare off people a bit. Lowers the risk on their side for when the people can't pay down the line, only the people that can REALLY afford it now get financing approved (Home loan statistic the other day said 1 out of 2 people are declined a homeloan at the moment). I just finished paying off my bakkie and the rate on there maxed at 14%... so yes... 18% is rough, but I either accept or I can't get my V

Off topic:
Crime wise in SA... oh well, SWAMBO and I walked around in the streets and alleys of Bangkok at night without feeling threatened, only after coming back did we hear how dangerous it can be, so according to us it was quite a safe place. (Perception according to experiences I suppose) So far so good for us in SA, never been affected by serious / violent crime. Still there though (the crime that is), and the politicians are being typical politicians (pocketing / getting caught / denying it / getting off with a slap on the wrist)

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Bob

I saw it!

Well.... almost... I saw the box it was in! And it was a beautiful box let me tell you. It was looking exactly like the box I would expect my V to travel in. Went to dealer quick to go sign some paperwork. Then signing some more paperwork tomorrow.

...and then.... taking delivery tomorrow afternoon...

My V... has arrived

Will post some pics in the Versys Registry as soon as I snap some.

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 09:05 AM

Won't be long now!

Graham

To do is to be. -Descartes
To be is to do. -Voltaire
Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

States I've ridden in so far

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Bob

I can't believe it, I am so mad at this moment that I can barely say a sentence without swearing. Just phoned the dealer because I was still waiting for them to phone me to come through and sign the final papers so we can deliver my V today.

Apparently the bank is having issues with setting up the final contract cause they can't find the right codes or something. The bank will be closing in the next 20 minutes or so, so the incompetent fool setting up my contract will pack their stuff and go home for the weekend without a worry and then probably look at it again on Monday. Which leaves me V'less for the weekend and so angry I don't know what to do with myself.

%$*[email protected]#%@@#^#$% !!!!!!!!!!!!!

<sigh> .... %$^@&^@%@ !!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I need to go drink some coffee because I am hammering my keyboard so hard it will break soon.

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post

I can't believe it, I am so mad at this moment that I can barely say a sentence without swearing. Just phoned the dealer because I was still waiting for them to phone me to come through and sign the final papers so we can deliver my V today.

Apparently the bank is having issues with setting up the final contract cause they can't find the right codes or something. The bank will be closing in the next 20 minutes or so, so the incompetent fool setting up my contract will pack their stuff and go home for the weekend without a worry and then probably look at it again on Monday. Which leaves me V'less for the weekend and so angry I don't know what to do with myself.

%$*[email protected]#%@@#^#$% !!!!!!!!!!!!!

<sigh> .... %$^@&^@%@ !!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I need to go drink some coffee because I am hammering my keyboard so hard it will break soon.
Damn man! It sounds like your about to explode ! You know what they say though, Patience is a virtue..

Wiki states " Why is patience a virtue? Patience is a virtue because it makes us better people. The definition of the word is to tolerate delay. "

Not to rub salt in your wounds but it sounds like such a mission to get finance there...Took me 40 mins here, from pen to paper to bank to riding off on the V..
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Bob

Oh you can ask my wife, patience I have, tons and tons of it.

Surely, if you are the person responsible for drawing up financing contracts then ... <sigh>, let me rather stop right there.

I do not have direct access to the person drawing this up, which ,today, is a very very good thing for them.

I have financed two vehicles before and those times it went so quick that I had the vehicle so fast I barely had time to register that i'd just bought something.

anyways, let me sit here and boil silently.

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 04:58 AM Thread Starter
Bob

Talking Woot!

Who would have thought it, after almost 3 months of waiting and countless issues my V was finally delivered yesterday! (Not without issues though, the guys got lost and delivered almost 2 hours late , which cut down on my playtime cause I had to prepare a presentation for this morning)

Posted pics in galery:
It is here!

Hoping today after work I get more time to cruise around! Scratch "hoping", I WILL make time tonight after work to cruise around on it

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 05:17 AM

Very very nice Bob ! I love the colour ! I bet your going to have fun this weekend ! Take a trip through the Cape mountains ! or along the coast to my home Town , good old PE !
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 05:27 AM Thread Starter
Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanebil View Post
Very very nice Bob ! I love the colour ! I bet your going to have fun this weekend ! Take a trip through the Cape mountains ! or along the coast to my home Town , good old PE !
lol, I wish! Taking the 4x4's into the Cederberg mountains this weekend (no 4x4'ing though cause we preggers, just some r&r). So no playing with the V and no playing with the 4x4's

Leaves me with tonight to do some playing! Only has 3km on it at the moment , didn't have time to ride last night.

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 08:02 AM

Reminds me of the joke, two vultures sitting on a limb. One Vulture says to the other one, "Patience hell, I am going to kill something"!

07 K1200GT

07 Tiger 1050 (on the way)
08 Versys (Sold)

08 Ninja 250r (wife's)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode