2015 Kawasaki Versys 1000 Coming to the USA Too!!! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 10:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2015 Kawasaki Versys 1000 Coming to the USA Too!!!

According to rubber and asphalt we are finally getting the V1k!

2015 Kawasaki Versys 1000 Coming to the USA Too

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bike...i-versys-1000/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 11:06 PM

That's great news. I could see one of these in my garage
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 11:57 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Yep, I was telling the GF it was coming here. She started smiling and wanted to see it so i pulled up the article. I asked her if she like it and she said it was cool. So the biggest hurdle is out of the way.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 12:58 AM

congrats to you guys.... you will definitely enjoy it... a few peeps from my country has good opinion on the versys 1000 (this bike is available in my country since 2012) except for urban riding.

Current : Maroon 2011.
- Fender Extender - Radiator Guard - 19mm Nissin radial master - Nissin 4-pot caliper - SS brake lines - Osram Hyper 65W both low/high beam - LED 30w aux floodlights & 3w DRLs - Rear Hugger - Givi crash guards - Yoshimura TRC Carbon - Dynojet PC5 - Scottoiler - R1 shock with Ohlins 14.2 kg/mm spring - Imitation Givi Windshield - Rear Givi rack with 24ltr Givi top box - Bosch dual tones - Z800 stock mirrors.

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low - PIAA Platinum low
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 04:12 AM

Roadracing World is reporting that too. Says the full specs and more details will
be available at the AIMExpo show in Orlando Oct 16-19th. Looks like a cool bike.
See what it costs.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...erica-in-2015/
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Yep, I was telling the GF it was coming here. She started smiling and wanted to see it so i pulled up the article. I asked her if she like it and she said it was cool. So the biggest hurdle is out of the way.
Weljo, I wasn't so lucky with the wife. I showed her the new 2015 Versys 1000 but alas she is not sold on the ummm...hmmm...investment!

I got all winter to widdle though.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 07:57 AM

I couldn't afford it, but maybe if I hit the lotto.... hell a man can dream right?

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanThomas View Post
I couldn't afford it, but maybe if I hit the lotto.... hell a man can dream right?
You never know. If you wait til the end of the model year there are usually some left at good prices. The three years it has been in Canada at $13999.00 "list" price, there have always been several sold at model year end for $9999.00 which right now is about $8800.00 US dollars....

2013 Versys1000
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 11:00 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmclean View Post
Weljo, I wasn't so lucky with the wife. I showed her the new 2015 Versys 1000 but alas she is not sold on the ummm...hmmm...investment!

I got all winter to widdle though.

Hopefully she'll come around. My girl rides with me now and she knows that after awhile i get real uncomfortable on the FJR. The only thing she didn't like about the V1000 is that it is chain driven and its my only complaint from what i have seen of the bike.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Hopefully she'll come around. My girl rides with me now and she knows that after awhile i get real uncomfortable on the FJR. The only thing she didn't like about the V1000 is that it is chain driven and its my only complaint from what i have seen of the bike.
Weljo,that's quite girl you got there picking up on that. Better hang on to her. She's right, would be nice if it was shaft drive. I guess Kawasaki is trying to keep the price down.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 11:34 AM

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmclean View Post
Weljo,that's quite girl you got there picking up on that. Better hang on to her. She's right, would be nice if it was shaft drive. I guess Kawasaki is trying to keep the price down.
At least it has a centre stand to help with maintenance.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 11:49 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus View Post
At least it has a centre stand to help with maintenance.

The FJR has a center stand and its a PIA to get the bike up unless you roll the back tire on a board to raise it some.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 12:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
The FJR has a center stand and its a PIA to get the bike up unless you roll the back tire on a board to raise it some.
I had a center stand on my old ninja 600. It was awesome and super easy. I wouldn't even get off the bike to use it.
My dad had a 80' Honda CB 900 and putting that bike on the center was a bitch. But I was 12 when he had it on the road last.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 01:57 PM

the 1000 is very easy to center stand. I travel with guys that all have shaft drives and its no big deal. Every couple days I lube the chain and it takes about 3 minutes.
The nice think with a chain is that it is easy to change the gearing with a sprocket change. Most of the others have 5 speeds and they are always complaining about looking for another gear.

2013 Versys1000
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 04:42 PM

Garage
There's still a few dealers trying to sell the 2012 model here. So I'll might be looking at getting one of these cheap when the new model come out. Looking to test ride a used one this week end.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 04:52 PM

Hey Joseph, if I don't have a new versys by the time the V1000 arrives, let me know. I will see if I could afford your FJR if you plan to sell it.

Gerald
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 04:56 PM

AWESOME! Praise the maker, they've gone back to side by side headlights. I'm confused at the people that say it's ugly. I'd say it's might bit prettier than our current version. Now I just have to scrounge up the difference for what the dealer will give me for my '11.

This post makes me happy.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 05:36 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrider View Post
Hey Joseph, if I don't have a new versys by the time the V1000 arrives, let me know. I will see if I could afford your FJR if you plan to sell it.

Gerald

Will do..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode