2015 Kawasaki Versys 1000 - Looks good! - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2015 Kawasaki Versys 1000 - Looks good!

http://www.insella.it/news/intermot-...ki-versys-1000

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bike...00-photo-leak/

Kawasaki please bring this to the USDM!

Last edited by Wonker; 09-30-2014 at 10:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 12:01 PM

If not, road trip to Canada!
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 12:23 PM

promo videos

No Video

No Video

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmclean View Post
If not, road trip to Canada!
It is getting to the point that I may just do that.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 01:53 PM

Likin' it...

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 02:16 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Well i'm still holding out from buying a new bike. Hoping they will bring it to the States. If they do i have a really nice FJR For Sale.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 02:19 PM

Garage
http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...rsys-1000.html

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Well i'm still holding out from buying a new bike. Hoping they will bring it to the States. If they do i have a really nice FJR For Sale.
Joe - I REALLY hope they DO bring it into the US...

...just so that YOU can go from a "wannabe" to a V rider...

AGAIN!!!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 03:50 PM

Need something more for highways since most of my riding buddies have 1000+ cc machines. So I've been holding out on a new bike. The ninja 1000 is an option but I am really liking this Versys 1000.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBuck View Post
Need something more for highways since most of my riding buddies have 1000+ cc machines. So I've been holding out on a new bike. The ninja 1000 is an option but I am really liking this Versys 1000.
I almost bought a ninja 1000 abs. Insurance was quoted to me higher than the monthly bike payment would have been. Every place I tried said about the same thing. Because of the "Ninja" in the name and it being over 999cc's it was put in the most expensive class of vehicles.

My wife wants to ride with me and I need something bigger than my V650. I need the V1000 to come to the US and I need the insurance on it to be manageable.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 04:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Joe - I REALLY hope they DO bring it into the US...

...just so that YOU can go from a "wannabe" to a V rider...

AGAIN!!!

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 04:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonker View Post
I almost bought a ninja 1000 abs. Insurance was quoted to me higher than the monthly bike payment would have been. Every place I tried said about the same thing. Because of the "Ninja" in the name and it being over 999cc's it was put in the most expensive class of vehicles.

My wife wants to ride with me and I need something bigger than my V650. I need the V1000 to come to the US and I need the insurance on it to be manageable.

Funny thing, Here in Cali the insurance of the Versys was only $11.00 cheaper a year than my FJR..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 05:27 PM

Quote:

good thing you checked out the insurance beforehand. When I went from the 650 to the 1000 the difference wasn't nearly as much as I thought it would be but if it is classified as a "sport" bike..

2013 Versys1000
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 06:53 PM

I sold my 2009 Versys in early 2012 in favor of a larger bike. I still miss it to this day in how simple yet versatile it was. Put 41000 miles on the clock in 16 months! When I saw there was a V1000 offering I always wished for it to be available in the states. Now there is a possibility that the V1000 may come to the US and I am very interested in it becoming a reality. More over, the new model is much more visually appealing than the old one!

WIN WIN!!!

Fingers crossed--lets do this Kawasaki!!!!

Current Bikes
-------------------------------------
2015 Triumph Street Triple R -- Matte Black
2013 Ducati MultiStrada -- Base Model
2011 Triumph Speed Triple -- Black
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I just don't like that one headlight on during low beam. Looks uneven. Why can't they do the same as the Concours lights?

Love the orange color on that 1000.

My Versys Travels:

Last edited by twowheeladdict; 09-30-2014 at 07:24 PM.
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 07:23 PM

Quote:

Yeah i've thought about the insurance. That makes the V1000 hopefully more attractive.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/09/30...src=SOC&dom=fb

"2015 KAWASAKI VERSYS FIRST LOOK
INTERMOT 2014: For the first time, a Versys 1000 ABS will join an updated Versys 650 ABS in North American dealerships."

I hope they mean the USDM!!!!!!

post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Liking the center stand on it too!
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 09:21 AM

Quote:
http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/09/30...src=SOC&dom=fb

"2015 KAWASAKI VERSYS FIRST LOOK
INTERMOT 2014: For the first time, a Versys 1000 ABS will join an updated Versys 650 ABS in North American dealerships."

I hope they mean the USDM!!!!!!

Don't you hate it when the news releases say "North America"? You know it's going to be available Canada but Kawasaki will pull our chains in the US. Well I got me a truck. Need a passport. So if comes to "North America", I'm going to get me a V1000.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 11:47 AM

Garage
Usdm?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode