No 2015 Versys listed in new model list - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
No 2015 Versys listed in new model list

Seams like the Versys 650 has run it's course. 2015 Line up only shows 2014 Versys Abs at bottom of Sport catagory. Hug your bike!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 09:07 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
In Bold Green....More To Come...http://www.kawasaki.com/NPL/Default....HomePagePromoB ....So don't panic just yet..

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
No new concours yet either.

No new bikes.

No bikes from other countries brought over for first time.

My Versys Travels:

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 10:04 PM

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-2014, 12:05 AM

Although almost everything now has ABS, sadly it seems kawasaki isn't adding it to their lineup of Jet-skis...

2014 Versys ABS
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-2014, 01:51 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

"It is also expected that Kawasaki is developing the 2015 Versys 650 based on the styling of its litre-class sibling. The 2015 Kawasaki Versys 1000 will make its world debut at the 2015 Intermot Cologne motorcycle show at end of this month."

http://www.zigwheels.com/news-featur...testing/19671/
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-2014, 09:03 AM
MTS

Excellent bike!

We must make it uglier!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-2014, 10:58 AM

They have the 2015 KLR650 listed at $6599, and the sumbitch is still sporting a darn carburetor. Come on Kawi, get with the frikkin fuel injection already!

2012 Versys
2007 Honda VTX 1800C
Sold everything else
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 12:17 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
More 2015 Versys 1000 photos: http://www.moto-net.com/breve.php?RefBreve=7425
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 06:59 AM

Garage
I am seriously thinking of picking up a '14 versys, but will wait until the reveal. If they make the new versys look like all the other street adventure bikes then I will not be interested in it. Plus, I can move all my accessories over to a '14 and gain the great color and ABS without having to spend another $4k on top of the cost of a new Versys.

Now, if the new versys should happen to go with a shaft drive, (very unlikely) then it would be very tempting to make the change.

My Versys Travels:

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 07:06 AM

I just shot the Kawasaki Indonesia calendar for 2015 in August, and the one bike we didn't shoot was a versys!!!! (neither 1000 nor 650)
I asked one of the execs and he just stayed quiet. hmmmm

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I am seriously thinking of picking up a '14 versys, but will wait until the reveal. If they make the new versys look like all the other street adventure bikes then I will not be interested in it. Plus, I can move all my accessories over to a '14 and gain the great color and ABS without having to spend another $4k on top of the cost of a new Versys.

Now, if the new versys should happen to go with a shaft drive, (very unlikely) then it would be very tempting to make the change.
I was ready to go get a '14 one local dealer had at just under 7k out the door.
Another guy made me a great deal on this new yellow '12 he was wanting to move, so I have the non abs '12 and am very happy to be back on a V :-)

2014 Valkyrie 1800
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
They have the 2015 KLR650 listed at $6599, and the sumbitch is still sporting a darn carburetor. Come on Kawi, get with the frikkin fuel injection already!
Are you NUTS! It took them 25 YEARS to make the first up date to the old beast. I think about 2030 it'll be due for the next one.

The old KLR has been one of the best sellers Kawasaki's had over the years, why mess with it? There's something to be said about KISS. I fixed my carb in a few mins with a part from a H-D shop, the KLR uses the same carb as a Sporty. I'd likely still be on the side of that road if I'd had my FI take a dump!

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 08:55 AM

15 Versys.....the new H2 ??????

'15 DL1000
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
Are you NUTS! It took them 25 YEARS to make the first up date to the old beast. I think about 2030 it'll be due for the next one.

The old KLR has been one of the best sellers Kawasaki's had over the years, why mess with it? There's something to be said about KISS. I fixed my carb in a few mins with a part from a H-D shop, the KLR uses the same carb as a Sporty. I'd likely still be on the side of that road if I'd had my FI take a dump!
If they are going to charge me 6600 clams for the damn thing, it had better come with something more than bold new colors. Give me FI, or an inverted fork, or something.
I paid $5000 out the door for a new 2007, in May of 2007! That was tax, title, license included. It hasn't improved that much, and the friggin economy sure as hell has not improved enough to justify their price.

2012 Versys
2007 Honda VTX 1800C
Sold everything else
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
If they are going to charge me 6600 clams for the damn thing, it had better come with something more than bold new colors. Give me FI, or an inverted fork, or something.
I paid $5000 out the door for a new 2007, in May of 2007! That was tax, title, license included. It hasn't improved that much, and the friggin economy sure as hell has improved enough to justify their price.

I'll go with the fork and better brakes.

BTW I paid $5,500 for my '09 and the bike hasn't had much of anything done to it from then to now. I agree the big K better get on the stick or the BWM and KTMs will end up eating their lunch.

2012 650 Versys
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 11:43 AM

Garage
Quote:
I paid $5000 out the door for a new 2007, in May of 2007! That was tax, title, license included. It hasn't improved that much, and the friggin economy sure as hell has not improved enough to justify their price.
I bought my '08 KLR with 2000 miles on it in January '08 with almost $4000 in upgrades for $5500. Wish I had never sold it now. But at the time I did not feel comfortable pushing it at 65 - 70 mph all day long.

I sold it to my next door neighbor and he hit 50,000 miles before getting taken out by a 16 year old. It started to burn some oil. The insurance gave him $6000 for the bike.

My Versys Travels:

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
Can you put a kick start on a KLR? How about leaf springs?
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 06:22 PM

I've seen the kickstarter done BUT I'll admit the leaf springs are a bit long in the tooth...lets leave them to the H-Ds OK? after all they're the cool guys.

2012 650 Versys
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-21-2014, 08:59 PM

I have a feeling they won't kick the 650, although I bought mine yesterday and the Kawi guy said he hasn't heard anything about the 2015's and said they just ordered a bunch more 2014's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode