My Two Up tour in Europe Report - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2014, 01:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
My Two Up tour in Europe Report

Hi all,

Quick statistics: before marriage I did 10000km tour solo on my V in Europe, covering 12 countries and never been on highway, hard on corners, and a daily average of 450km
After marriage: two up on my V fully loaded I did only 2800km mostly on highway...covering only 6 countries, no hard cornering, a daily average of 130km with a stop every 45 min....

How is the V two up fully loaded?

Honestly I did not notice a difference on straight lines, in corners I was a bit scared not because of the bike but because of my wife who sometimes move to get some butt pain relief and I was worried if that could cause a crash in a corner...I had givi v35 and a top case givi 450 simply each of them with roughly 11kg of load. My weight is 98kg and my wife is 57kg. I did not feel that the bike was underpowered at all, got an excellent mileage (5.8L/100km) and the handling was great. My wife had to stop each 45 min to stretch and relief some butt pain...When I said to my wife may be if I upgrade to a super tenere she will feel more comfort she said "no, it is not about comfort and I feel the versys very comfortable, but it is about sitting"...which is kind of true because when we took a bus to visit an attraction located 45min from our hostel, she started feeling the butt pain again...when she saw many GS on the road she said "they are like steroid body builders: useless over-muscled" lool

Reliability: again, kawasaki is very reliable and trouble free bike, no issue at all all the way....

Upgrading to a super tenere? I am not sure as my wife says that the V is now a family member and that I spent so much time and money farkling it that it would be sad to let it go....but something is still calling for a super tenere inside me...

I will gather the photos and share them ASAP; meanwhile I found this in Austria :
ImageUploadedByMO Free1408860819.824519.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2014, 01:52 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Just wait for the Tenere 700.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2014, 02:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Just wait for the Tenere 700.

I saw the drawing of it....put abs, TC and braking management (front and back) and I will buy it in an eye blink !

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2014, 06:51 AM
Platinum Site Sponsor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
upgrade your seat and you will notice a huge difference. We are going with the touratech breatheable.

Will relieve a lot of butt pain for both.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2014, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2014, 05:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post

Thanks Joseph.

Since you are the one who tried most of the versys seats including two up riding, which one you recommend for me? I am 6'1"

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 08:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojack View Post
upgrade your seat and you will notice a huge difference. We are going with the touratech breatheable.

Will relieve a lot of butt pain for both.
I'm jackin, but it's already jacked up

Touratech doesn't seem to have a seat for our Versys

What's your angle on that affirmation ???

LOP
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purificator View Post
Thanks Joseph.

Since you are the one who tried most of the versys seats including two up riding, which one you recommend for me? I am 6'1"

Save a bunch of money and get the Seat Concepts Kit......

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Save a bunch of money and get the Seat Concepts Kit......

I dropped an email to them. I gave them the weight and height of my wife and I just in case. Thx!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode