Anybody try the Powerbronze Flip Screen? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Anybody try the Powerbronze Flip Screen?

I've been checking out new windscreens for my V to replace the stock screen and really like the looks of the Powerbronze, dark tint, flip screen.
I think it's only 3 inches taller than the stock screen and not much wider if at all, but I like the looks of it and you can pick one up for under $75 from several places.

http://www.superbikestore.com/versys.htm

If anyone out there has tried one or currently uses one please let me know what ya think.

Have a great 4th of July weekend!

Cheers,
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 12:30 AM

It is wider. Almost as much as it is taller, which is a good thing, but it may or may not work for you. I didn't like it in the stock position, it only started working for me after I changed the attack angle.

Gustavo
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Powerbronze Screen Adjustment

Thanks for the reply!
Doesn't the screen mount on the original brackets? To change the attack angle, did you need any other hardware or does it adjust the same way as the stock screen?

Thanks again, Happy 4th!

JS

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 12:01 PM

I have one. It is only slightly better than stock. But the material is kind of thin as I cracked
it (small cracks) around every hole when I tightened the screws (not super tight).

I recommend a V-Stream from National Cycle. They are supposed to be out in about a month
according to the email that I got from them.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jescycle View Post
Doesn't the screen mount on the original brackets? To change the attack angle, did you need any other hardware or does it adjust the same way as the stock screen?
Yes, it does, and you can move it up or down using the same 3 positions the stock one uses. It's just that neither of those really worked for me, it was giving me more buffeting with the increased protection.

it may have not been obvious from the previous picture, but compare the screen angle to that of a stock screen.

Here is a better picture that shows the spacers in the lower mounts:

They are roughly 12mm long, made using a washer, nut, (2) thick plastic washers and another washer/nut to keep it all in place as you install the windscreen. Because of the longer bolts needed and change in angle, it takes some finesse to align all the bolts to the original holes.

As Brock mentions, the screen is thinner than stock, and it will crack around the mounting holes if you over tighten it.

Gustavo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode