Evolution of the site, myself, and the Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 06:17 AM Thread Starter

Evolution of the site, myself, and the Versys

Well i must say its been ages since ive been on here, its kinda cool seeing all these names on here that i remember, dont know if you remember me or not, i painted the flameing V, ect. When i first joined on here all of our bikes were even the same color! Anyway, kinda a sad day for me. I wrecked a quad really bad 6 weeks ago and broke my collar, shoulder, and hip, and had some serious internal damage. Just had my last surgery two days ago. Two days before i did that, i bought my first house, and im 22. I learned a huge lesson in financial responsibility and how it goes hand and hand with injuries. Im still on dissability, and will be for another 6 weeks, selling things one at a time. I started thinking when i was in the hospital, that every sport ive ever gotten into, has led me to the ER, in the last 6 years ive had 4 reconstructive surgerys on in 3 injuries, all caused by myself. Its a pattern, i get competitive, i get fearless, and i cant change that. Its excellent if your talking about your career, or your drive, but not your body. The Versys is the only toy ive never beat on, nor has it ever hurt me, but im thinking its only a matter of time. My mind has quickly went from motorcycles and mud tires to carpet and countertops. SOOOO, It breaks my heart but the only thing i can think of doing about it, so i can keep my house and keep moving my life into more of a nest, and even stay alive, is to let go of it. This isnt a sales pitch, im just going to keep trying to get by until spring when i hopefully will take less of a hit for what ive put into it. If you guys look at some of my older threads and pictures, and maybe you could give me an idea of what you think its worth when the some comes out, id appreciate it. It sits in my garage in the same exact condition that it rolled in there on the last picture on the "new paint for the V" thread, with 6K miles. Maybe somebody on here may want it, who knows.
Thanks fellas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 08:16 AM

Good luck, myo. Responsibility happens! At 22, this stuff is a way of life for an active person, unfortunately, at 52, all those aches and pains come back to haunt you. Don't ask me how I know. Like the song says " take care of your knees, you're gonna need them later on."
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

Sometimes being a grown up sucks. Responsibility can be real hard & cause you to make sacrifices you don't want to make. I feel for you, man.

Keep your chin up & heal well. Good luck to you...

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 04:17 PM

Good luck on the recovery. Responsibility does suck definitely. Wife and I had a baby in OCT of '08, she went back to work in Jan '09 and got cut Feb '09. We've been getting along kind of ok since then but things have gotten tougher and I'm going to be in the same boat very soon. Versys has to go unfortunately due to cash restraints.

Good luck on your recovery again, and getting the house in order. I bought a home when I was as young as you and ended up in a world of hurt due to financial missteps and people lying to me on my paperwork. Things will get better as long as you take a step back and focus on what's important.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 05:32 PM

I will go out of my way and disagree with everyone here. Responsibility does not have to suck. Fullfilling ones responsibilities in life should be a source of pride and joy. Staying healthy and providing for your family is enjoyable and fulfilling. Fulfilling one's short term wants is just short term gratification. Long term fulfillment leads to long term happiness. Get well and go out and take care of your family. That will reward you in more ways than you can imagine.

Get well soon
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Ya i hope i dont end up in trouble with the house but i think ive got it.... thanks for everything and getting these staples out soon may have to take the bike out for 1 more ride!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by myorangecamaro View Post
Ya i hope i dont end up in trouble with the house but i think ive got it.... thanks for everything and getting these staples out soon may have to take the bike out for 1 more ride!

Sounds like your spirit is healing nicely!! So how'd you wreck the quad?

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-27-2009, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Ohhh i had just upgraded to a raptor 700 and i piped it and chipped it, intke, actually i put the same combo as i put on my versys. I got into sand riding wich i LOVE! and then i started raing in Port Angeles, Elma, and Portland, and the best i could ever do was third, so last time i was in portland i was in third again on the last lap and i wasnt going to take third place that time.... you know where this is going ahaha. there were three ramps on the straight strech and we all usually double the first two then rolled over the third ( when the bikes were raing they would tripple it, they fly better), anyway, i tried to tripple it to pass the two guys and turned my body into a lawn dart, i ended up clearing the jump, and plus about 20 feet.... that was the problem
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 12:38 AM

Ouch. And you don't really think we would forget the guy with the FLAMES!!!!!!

Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 01:00 AM

Garage
A link to his bike

Here is a link to the great paint job on his bike http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ead.php?t=1451

Mend quickly

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 07:41 AM

Oh yeah I remember the paint job. Very cool. Classy job.
Sorry to hear of your triple jump mishap. I know the mentality, it's the reason I no longer race Moto-x. I have been thinking of moving my competitive juices to "over 40" Jet-ski racing. Water is a bit softer. However the fly in the ointment is that I am just as stupid when it comes to someone passing me. That is the reason it's still in the "thought" stage. Either way i hope you don't make yourself a stranger to these forums. Good luck in the future.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 09:44 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonedGP View Post
Sorry to hear of your triple jump mishap. I know the mentality, it's the reason I no longer race Moto-x. I have been thinking of moving my competitive juices to "over 40" Jet-ski racing. Water is a bit softer.
Sorry to tell you this StonedGP, but at the speeds you will ge doing on a racing jet-ski water isn't much softer than concrete.

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-28-2009, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaussie View Post
Sorry to tell you this StonedGP, but at the speeds you will ge doing on a racing jet-ski water isn't much softer than concrete.
I once did a face-plant water skiing and I could have sworn my face hit a side walk. I don't think my body went under water at all. Knocked the wind out of me, felt like I broke my neck. Than there's those water enemas...
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 03:56 AM Thread Starter

Yeah water isnt very forgiving either! atleast its not always like concrete like say, concrete is haha. If i dont get rid of my quad im sticking to sand riding from now on
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-29-2009, 08:17 AM

At least water will leave your skin intact!

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 05:16 AM

My dealer gave me $5,150 on my 09 with less than 2,000 miles. He has it listed for $5,600 and no takers for 4 months. It's like new. No scratches.
Good luck! The lessons that I learned best from were mistakes. You'll make 'em the rest of your life. Just try not to make the same one more than once.
Oh, and NEVER be bikeless. Life's too short. That was one of my (many) mistakes. I won't make it again.

Dave

God is Great, Beer is Good, People Are Crazy
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 02:46 PM

Best of luck with your recovery.

Hey, that looks like a bull dolphin in your avatar? When do we eat?!

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode