I love my wife - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 05:54 AM Thread Starter
Platinum Site Sponsor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I love my wife

We were talking today and she gives me the go ahead to get another KLR, and a new teryx 4 seater atv. I was planning on ditching the Harley to get the atv but she said get another KLR too. WOO HOO. another project bike. Damn. Its rough. Getting the V all buttoned up for our 2 up trips etc, and then on to the KLR. Now that I have a cyl bore machine at the shop a e-m big bore kit will be going in. 688 I figure with new Hotcams. Add the necessary farkle on it and away we go. two up camping on the KLR in the woods, or long distance trips on the versys.

I didn't even ask, she offered! ha ha! Damn I got a keeper!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 06:08 AM
MTS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Nicely done!

I am looking at side by sides now. Some very cool units!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 06:54 AM

Awesome

We are happy for you. We also admire your situation, not all of us are so lucky.

Cheers!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 06:57 AM Thread Starter
Platinum Site Sponsor

Yeah, my parents have the polaris 500 crew, and its a nice machine, but the Teryx has amazing comfort, quieter, more powerful with the v twin, and just all around better machine. We are getting full hard enclosure for the winter months with a heater that's run off the coolant in the motor, and tracks. That way we can dress somewhat normal and still get out in the winter.

The KLR , versys and the Teryx will be fully customised as I am opening a full service motorcycle/atv/snowmobile shop with powdercoating, airbrushing and paint as well. My toys will be rolling advertisments for the work I can do.

Cant wait.

I am looking for a 2011 or newer KLR as they have black motor/suspension and wheels. that way I don't have to mess around with powdercoating all that. Its already done.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 10:44 AM

That's awesome! Sounds like maybe they can be tax write offs as business expenses...

2011 Imperial Red
Givi V46 / V35's SW Motech mounts
Skidmarx hugger Moto Werks bar riser
Mondo Motors LED Driving Lights
A little bit of road rash
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I don't have to discuss with mine. We have separate budgets for our hobbies and spend how we please. Works well so far. We are very conservative with our household, car, and medical budgets, so we have not needed to change the ratios yet.

My Versys Travels:

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 12:24 PM

Can we love her too?
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 12:38 PM

When I see a bike for sale that I'm interested in, and I happen to mention it to my wife, she says, "lets go look at it", almost every time! It doesn't hurt that she rides and has two bikes ofher own.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojack View Post
We were talking today and she gives me the go ahead to get another KLR, and a new teryx 4 seater atv. I was planning on ditching the Harley to get the atv but she said get another KLR too... I didn't even ask, she offered! ha ha! Damn I got a keeper!
Man, and here I am trying to figure out how to convince my wife that I NEED the new 2015 Indian Scout AND/OR the Victory Gunner! I don't know if "My V is lonely in the garage and needs a couple of friends" will work (suggestions are welcome).

Hot darn it, you are one lucky guy!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
My wife also likes motorcycles. She's picked out several Harleys and a couple of Gold Wings over the years.

We're not spring chickens anymore, so she won't ride on the Versys or our FJR.

Her idea of camping is Motel 6.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojack View Post
...688 I figure with new Hotcams. Add the necessary farkle on it and away we go. two up camping on the KLR in the woods, or long distance trips on the versys.

I didn't even ask, she offered! ha ha! Damn I got a keeper!
Kojack - you might know the name "Norm Keller" from KLR forums. Saw him last week and he was saying how you can REALLY 'wake-up' the KLR by changing the stock cam timing (one tooth, just not sure whether 'advance' or 'retard'). His pulls better than 9,000 rpm now!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo Bleed View Post
Can we love her too?
Ditto!!!
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Kojack - you might know the name "Norm Keller" from KLR forums. Saw him last week and he was saying how you can REALLY 'wake-up' the KLR by changing the stock cam timing (one tooth, just not sure whether 'advance' or 'retard'). His pulls better than 9,000 rpm now!
yeah I have heard this too. Advance I think. So with the 692, hot cams and advance with some mild porting she should rip really good.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-20-2014, 09:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kballowe View Post

Her idea of camping is Motel 6.
I'd rather be in my tent than a motel 6.

My Versys Travels:

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2014, 08:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I tent camp when I'm by myself. Up until about 15 years ago, the Wife would NEVER, EVER get onto the back of a motorcycle, and she doesn't ride one.

Now you can't pry her off with a crow bar.

The one good thing about this is that I never have to worry about getting rained on during the night. Storms are not a problem. Heat/cold is not a problem........ as long as she's along on the trip...... The Comfort Inn is a pretty sturdy place to spend the night.

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2014, 02:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kballowe View Post
I tent camp when I'm by myself. Up until about 15 years ago, the Wife would NEVER, EVER get onto the back of a motorcycle, and she doesn't ride one.

Now you can't pry her off with a crow bar.

The one good thing about this is that I never have to worry about getting rained on during the night. Storms are not a problem. Heat/cold is not a problem........ as long as she's along on the trip...... The Comfort Inn is a pretty sturdy place to spend the night.

That's my wife's idea of camping. High end hotel or B&B and of course we have to eat at restaurants with wait staff.

My Versys Travels:

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2014, 03:32 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post

Been in a few Motels with a tent.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2014, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Platinum Site Sponsor

ha ha, just put an order in for a new Rpod to tow behind our jeep. Poor guys who have to stick two fluffy hotels. We take our hotel with us!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode