Emissions label / sticker location - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2014, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Emissions label / sticker location

I'm looking at buying a used 2012 Versys out of state and I live in California. Can anyone tell me the location of the emissions sticker is on these bikes? I want to make sure that it is 50 state legal. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2014, 12:43 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprandkpr View Post
I'm looking at buying a used 2012 Versys out of state and I live in California. Can anyone tell me the location of the emissions sticker is on these bikes? I want to make sure that it is 50 state legal. Thanks

The emission sticker is on the left lower side of the tank. You'll need to remove the black piece of plastic that runs along the bottom of the tank to get to it. The black piece of plastic just pops off..Go to page 21 .......http://www.kawasakiversys.com/versys-owners-manual.pdf ..You don't need to take the side fairing off.. Even if its a 49 state bike you can still get it registered in Cali. It just has to have at least 7500 miles on it.. I brought my 49 state Versy from Texas to Cali. They will still want to see the sticker when you register it though.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 08-14-2014 at 12:47 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2014, 03:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Good info, Joe... I didn't know one could do that with a 7,500+ mile motorcycle. Same for a car?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2014, 03:19 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Good info, Joe... I didn't know one could do that with a 7,500+ mile motorcycle. Same for a car?

I believe so. Heres the link to the Cali DMV. but at this time the info is not coming up for me.http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/vr.htm

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2014, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wouldnt one of the vin digits tell you?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2014, 07:23 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklandopen View Post
Wouldnt one of the vin digits tell you?

The sticker has to be on the bike when you go to register it at the DMV. I didn't know where it was and had to go home pull out the owners manual to find it then go back to the DMV to finish the process....No sticker and your out of luck in Cali.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
The emission sticker is on the left lower side of the tank. You'll need to remove the black piece of plastic that runs along the bottom of the tank to get to it. The black piece of plastic just pops off....
I believe there's ALSO a screw holding it....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 12:29 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I believe there's ALSO a screw holding it....
Yup, you have to remove the seat to access the screw, THEN the panel can be removed. It has 3 pull out rubber grommet style mounts and then it slides out of the tank side panel.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 02:52 PM

Garage
You can pull the plastic piece out of the way so they can see the sticker without taking off the seat or removing the screw. Just pop it off of a couple of the grommet mounts.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode