Good deal? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

Good deal?

Going to check out a 2008 red versys with 6000 miles for 4200.00. They claim it is in excellent shape good tires stock.I have bought different motorcycles is there anything special that I should look for in the versys? Does it seem like a fair price if everything checks out ?
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 07:53 AM

Sounds about right, based on the other purchases that I have heard about. Just check out the forums about spacers, but I haven't heard of any US bikes actually having any frame cracks. Everything else seems to be like buying any other bike. Look for scratches and dents that would indicate a fall.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 01:47 PM

It doesn't sound bad but if you do some more searching you can find one with alot of farkling for probaly the same price. seat bags etc.
goodluck

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 05:09 PM

Depend on where you are that might be a decent price. West of the Mississipi Versys bikes go for a premium. A decently equiped 08 (custom seat, hard bags, windshield and hand guards) under 6K miles go for well over $5K.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

I'm sorry located in NC.Have not seen any really go for less than 4500.00.The bike I'm going to look at they were asking 4500.00 .A couple dealers still have some new 08's but they want about 5500.00 and 09's for 6000.00.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 04:44 PM

Hey turn8a, check out e-bay. I saw cycleworld in south jersey had 09's for 5100 a few weeks ago. May be worth the ride. buy yourself a good present this year
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-20-2009, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisb View Post
Hey turn8a, check out e-bay. I saw cycleworld in south jersey had 09's for 5100 a few weeks ago. May be worth the ride. buy yourself a good present this year
I will check it out heading to Phila.for the holidays.Thanks everyone for the info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode