Seattle Bike Show - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Seattle Bike Show

HikewithMike, alvis, DW (who braved the cold, rode to the show-no Gerbing's either--what a stud!) and Machog met up for some serious biking BS at the show. Also bumped into Generatorguy, sitting on a new black 2010 V. First one I've seen, few cosmetic changes seems about it-won't be changing mine unless Kaw brings over ABS.

Much smaller show than previous years, no official Triumph (small local dealer booth), no KTM or Buell of course.

T-Rex 0-60 in 3seconds, three wheeler with 1400Kawasaki engine in it, yours for $52k. Polaris Spyder, for 15k, looked like a bargain.

New Honda looked great and surprisingly comfortable, full automatic with shaft drive.

Saw my first Gladius in the flesh, definitely not a competitor to the V.

Liked the look of the new BMW 800GS, but not the price, by the time you have it tricked out-even modestly, you are looking at over $15k-get two Versyi for that!

Boys went over to the pub for refreshments and more BS, Machog decided to try and stay 'dry' until at least 4:00pm and headed home-in the truck.

Great to see you all and I hope we can meet up for another fun camping weekend in 2010, maybe even get Gustavo to cross the State line. It was decided that much longer than a weekend, probably won't work, family commitments et al. Maybe the Wet leather Pullman gig would be a good compromise?

Machog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machog View Post
HikewithMike, alvis, DW (who braved the cold, rode to the show-no Gerbing's either--what a stud!) and Machog met up for some serious biking BS at the show.
Couldn't have been that much BSing or even a real bike show for you to post this at 2:20 PM... You guys got in and out of there there pretty quickly. But, where are the pictures?

I-5 resembles a skating rink in places, I'm glad I decided to stay home.

We'll see when the Western Versys Gathering ends up being, between that, Chase the Snake and other weekend trips, we'll figure something out.

Gustavo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode