New - "Then Came Bronson" European Pilot - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

New - "Then Came Bronson" European Pilot

Just out a couple of weeks ago, the official Warner Brothers release of the pilot episode of "Then Came Bronson". This is the European version, containing bonus footage not seen in the US.

This guy did "Adventure Touring" on a Sportster*, way back in 1969!

http://www.wbshop.com/Then-Came-Bron...gid=ARCHIVENEW

*Since this is Hollywood, Jim's Sportster would sometimes morph into a Harley Sprint, and other bikes, as needed (like competing in a hillclimb evet, etc.). His bike would also switch from street tires to Trials Universal tires in the blink of an eye.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trialsguy View Post
Just out a couple of weeks ago, the official Warner Brothers release of the pilot episode of "Then Came Bronson". This is the European version, containing bonus footage not seen in the US.

This guy did "Adventure Touring" on a Sportster*, way back in 1969!

http://www.wbshop.com/Then-Came-Bron...gid=ARCHIVENEW

*Since this is Hollywood, Jim's Sportster would sometimes morph into a Harley Sprint, and other bikes, as needed (like competing in a hillclimb evet, etc.). His bike would also switch from street tires to Trials Universal tires in the blink of an eye.
This is very cool, over the years I've collected memorabilia from the TV show. I also have all the episodes on DVD, it great looking at all the old motorcycles and roads that Jim Bronson traveled. OK, on all my motos have "All Seeing Eye" decal, it is an exact replica of the the decal on Jim Bronson's Sportster, a lot of riders have seen it, only a couple recognised it. I'm not sure why I do it it, maybe to pay homage to the road. Checkout the bottom of the right pannier, that's it on the road in Peru.

Gary

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they're real" - Abraham Lincoln

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by DBD34; 12-08-2009 at 09:19 AM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 10:00 AM

Long time since I've heard that one mentioned!

I was hooked on the show then - I was a senior in high school at the time and between Bronson and Easy Rider, I figured I had life figured out. I was getting into racing motocross and loved the way that Bronson would enter his 'Sportster' with the extended front end and road tires in hill climbs, moto events, etc. Talk about a dual sport! I read in Motorcycle magazine that they put a plastic panel on the side of the 250 single engine to make it look like a twin in the action shots. Despite the pseudo racing events, the show still had some pretty good plots - sort of a James Dean meets Easy Rider kind of thing.

By the way, do you remember the biker movie with Joe Namath, C C and Company, where the biker gang tried riding their choppers on the motocross track? The movie was hilarious, but it had Ann Margaret in it - that made up for a lot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don't you think that it's a ^%#$&# shame that Hunter S. Thompson wasn't an adventure rider? Imagine the ride reports...!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode