Bridgestone BT 021 - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

Bridgestone BT 021

Anybody using them on the V? How is the grip in wet and dry? How many miles are you getting out of them? Is the front wearing as well as the rear or vica versa? I had these on my ZZR1200 and sold it with nearly 10,000 miles on them with plenty of tread on the rear, fronts were worn out however. Nice feel and stability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blipco View Post
Anybody using them on the V? How is the grip in wet and dry? How many miles are you getting out of them? Is the front wearing as well as the rear or vica versa? I had these on my ZZR1200 and sold it with nearly 10,000 miles on them with plenty of tread on the rear, fronts were worn out however. Nice feel and stability.
How should I put it nicely...they SUCK. They take quite a bit to warm up, and even when they're finally warmed up the rear slips at times, gradually so you can feel it when is about to step out, but it's not something that I would look forward to If not warmed up, they'll skip without notice...lol In wet, the rear steps out without trying too hard, I am actually a bit more cautious now because of that. Wear wise, the front should go faster because is a single compound vs two on the rear. I have about 7,000km on them, and I am not a happy camper. Other people with sport bikes swear by the 016, but those are not good for touring

I tried the 021 because of the review of some people, but they don't work for me. I will take them to the dragstrip to practice launching, that will seal their faith

I compared them to my last pair, which was Pilot Road 2. Will go back to them this spring. Those tires never skipped a bit, and got about 17,000km before the rear was done. The front had lots of life left in it, but changed it regardless.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

No, really, how do feel about them. LOL. I had no problems with them on my sport tourer but it was a rare occasion when I pushed them hard. The other tire I'm considering is the BT-020.(if they still make them) I've had them many times and pushed hard with no problems. The BT-010 stuck like glue but didn't last. I want at least 10,000 miles. I appreciate the input.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 01:26 AM

Ive got a 021 rear in at present.. its done 4,000 miles seems ok.
it has a roadsmart front which is just about stuffed with a capital F, mind you it has doen around 10K

I tried the 021 after a recommendation from a friend, he was getting 8..10,000 miles on his rear. its still too early yet to make any assumptions about its life under my control.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

The 020 and 021 gets great reviews in your neck of the woods Healdem. I used the 021 for touring on a heavy bike and was satisfied. Would like input on the much lighter V. So far the reviews aren't great. The 020 always took care of me.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 06:47 PM

^ I can review them one more time and then the balance will definitely be tilted towards something else
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 08:46 PM

I had a set of 021's on my ST1300. Nice handling tire but there were toast before 5,000 miles. Not sure how they'd be on a much lighter Versys, but I won't buy them again for the Honda.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

I'm taking it all in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode