How Does The Vers Work Two Up? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

How Does The Vers Work Two Up?

Any feedback from rear passengers?
And not from gals used to riding those sportbikes, all folded up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 10:36 PM

One of the main reasons I bought my Versys was because my wife wanted to ride with me.

I have found the Versys to be a very worthy two-up ride. I have the Corbin seat on mine with the optional (and removable) passenger backrest. My wife likes the added security of the backrest.

BTW, I weigh about 235 lbs. and I think she is in the 170's. The bike rides perfectly with both of us.

Chris in Oneonta, NY
08 Versys that replaced my beloved 07 KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

>>>> states on a bike <<<<
>>>> East Coast done <<<<
>>>>> Westward HO! <<<<<
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 11:19 PM

I did a 2 week 3k mile trip this summer, 2up with full camping gear on board, freeways, backroads, camping roads.. never a problem.
I weight 150, shes about 110(?)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 02:55 AM

It works surprisingly well. I came from a KLR which is a real dog two up. With the Versys you hardly notice a difference.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 07:36 AM

hey drqgonbreath, you and your wife's weight stats are about a match to me mine. Did you make any suspension changes to the stock settings?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 07:51 AM

I'm 230 and the gf is 100. She had only ridden on the back of her dads bike as a child before mine. She likes it and is very comfy. I got the back rest for my trunk and that made it even better. So neither of us have any complaints.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 08:28 AM

We have a Gold Wing for two up riding. Riding two up on the V would not be our idea of fun.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 08:56 AM

I agree with many of the comments. The V two-up works well, especially with a backrest (I've got a GIVI V46 with backrest). My wife's only complaint is getting off is a little tricky for her as the seat is high up, and that due to her stature, she can't reach both hand grips at the same time.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 12:21 PM

I take my 13 year-old daughter to school every morning with her trumpet,oboe and her backpack.At first it was diffcult because she would move around shifting her wait but she is professional passenger now. I just need to slow down according to her she says i ride too fast and stop too hard
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 03:15 PM

me and my wife have done some long trips on ours. The stock seat was retired after the first one. Now on the corbin seat its not bad we can go about two hours before she wants to get off. Our longest was 550 miles, that was a little rough.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 06:51 AM Thread Starter

It sounds mostly like the bike will do it, a few save "comfy", but not many commenting on the passenger's comments on extended comfort.
We're just looking for a moderate weight day tripper, not a big trip bike, but is the Mrs isn't comfortable it seems that the return time is planned before we leave.

Thanks all.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 10:03 AM

The biggest issue I see with the V regarding two-up riding is the height of the V. Many passengers have trouble getting on. I have to let my girlfriend get on first (with the kickstand down), then I get on.

As far as comfort, she said that it was comfortable for a sport bike. (She's used to riding tourers like Goldwings, Kawi 1500's and such.) She prefers when the topbox and the panniers are mounted, but I think that is just a personal preference.

-Never mistake kindness for weakness.
-Harley Davidson rEvolution engine (V-Rod): Designed by Porsche, detuned by Harley.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode