Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 196 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 05:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Post Western US Rally

/// UPDATES ///

So, as is stands:
  1. Location -- Garden City, Utah
  2. Accomadation -- Camping: for information see this post; Hotel will up to personal preference (i.e. do the work yourself).
  3. Eating -- Still in the works, the only thing I am working on is say a group meal or two at a selected inexpensive restaurant.
  4. Date -- August 7th/8th
Who's In (or thinking about it):
  • contractor
  • hikewithmike
  • bicyclebob
  • Hipshot
  • Boricua (Most Likley)
  • BlackHammer (maybe)
  • Jungmann1 (???)
  • RPrice (???)
  • amir_zwara (???)
  • jmlmjmjm (???)
  • Madjack (Maybe)
  • Mawson (Maybe)
  • bigaussie (Maybe)
  • Machog (Maybe)
  • PB&J (Maybe)
  • toegeo (Most Likely)
  • Andreads +1 (Maybe)
  • Oldfart64

It seems the diligent folks over on the east coast have decided to post a thread regarding their planning detail. Might as well have one for the west -- and that will work for central people

Before you continue though, please accept the fact that his a continuously updated thread, and as such, I will be doing my best to keep the most pertinent information updated in this initial post. Thanks.

I am researching options for meetups and what not and continue the discussion in that direction. Sorry for another poll, but they help work out numbers.

Please feel free to post any ideas/locations, or furhter suggestions on the areas mentioned in the above. If this West-and-West-Central rally/gathering grows wings, I need someone else to help coordinate things. Not entirely sure what my summer will be looking like quite yet, but I'll have the second half of my Nnt'l Guard training that will take up a bulk of my time.

So here is the task list:
  1. Find a location -- it won't please everyone, but at least everyone will (hopefully) have a chance to get there; including you central folk. DONE
  2. Find a time/date -- check below; you can post this up now so that a broader consensus of when during the summer to have this would be great. DONE
  3. Its all in the details -- make some calls, and find a campground and/or inn to hide away in.
Lets get the ball rolling on this one.

Last edited by hikewithmike; 06-11-2010 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Accomadation Update and Date Proposition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 196 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 05:34 AM Thread Starter

UT - Logan/Bear Lake

This is the result of really brief research for UTAH.

"Motorcycle Friendly Campgrounds"

"Logan/Bear Lake"
post #3 of 196 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikewithmike View Post
This is the result of really brief research for UTAH.

"Motorcycle Friendly Campgrounds"

"Logan/Bear Lake"

This site also has places for all 50 states and maps to show locations as well as reviews of the campsites

post #4 of 196 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 09:09 PM

Bear lake is 500+ miles over the super slab for me. I'll be hurting when I get there.
post #5 of 196 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boricua View Post
Bear lake is 500+ miles over the super slab for me. I'll be hurting when I get there.
But at least be there . If we do Utah that is going to be a 800 mile one-way trip for me. Maybe I can use this run as training for a future IBA Saddlesore.

Anyone else, lets keep the ideas and votes coming.
post #6 of 196 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 01:00 AM

Where to go

California is so overdone and they get good weather almost always , screw those guys ...........Idaho ??? I don't want to cross a border and ride 1000km's to see where potatoes grow ( which you won't even see because they grow underground !! ) screw Idaho and their dirty invisible taters...........Utah.......getting better , great scenery and roads , but isn't that place super religous , if I ride that far , I expect to meet chicks ( may as well just go to Cali for that) , so screw Utah but be nice about it incase we do go there .................Oregon !!! let's see , No extra tax , roads are gorgeous and curvy *(just like their women ) , sparse law enforcement in the back country roadways , cheap hotels and camping , it's not Idaho ...............sounds like a winner to me .------------- Legal disclaimer ( this in no way is related to the fact that Or. is the closest for me ) also any destination would actually be great ......esp Utah , it's on my list

** This space for rent **

Last edited by BlackHammer; 11-25-2009 at 01:14 AM.
post #7 of 196 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 01:05 AM

Please note sarcasm smiley in my above post Please take no offence .......lol

post #8 of 196 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 01:25 AM

I have no opinion at this time, but if I can I'd try to make it anywhere!
post #9 of 196 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 03:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHammer View Post
California is so overdone and they get good weather almost always , screw those guys ...........Idaho ??? I don't want to cross a border and ride 1000km's to see where potatoes grow ( which you won't even see because they grow underground !! ) screw Idaho and their dirty invisible taters...........Utah.......getting better , great scenery and roads , but isn't that place super religous , if I ride that far , I expect to meet chicks ( may as well just go to Cali for that) , so screw Utah but be nice about it incase we do go there .................Oregon !!! let's see , No extra tax , roads are gorgeous and curvy *(just like their women ) , sparse law enforcement in the back country roadways , cheap hotels and camping , it's not Idaho ...............sounds like a winner to me .------------- Legal disclaimer ( this in no way is related to the fact that Or. is the closest for me ) also any destination would actually be great ......esp Utah , it's on my list
post #10 of 196 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 07:38 PM

Oregon does sound good... I have no experience with that area so I'd like to get out there and check it out...
but then again it's far for me... somaybe utah? as that would be new to me as well..
and like they said... forget Idaho.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 196 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 11:21 PM

Quote:
I want to party with this guy! Lets get this done!
post #12 of 196 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 11:49 PM

Thumbs up Oregon

I'm good with Oregon...Only drawback is they hide all the friggin liquor stores, like Idaho hides their potatoes ... And cigars are only sold at church on Sundays...Well I can handle all that and then some for some cool ridin away from lookin at all these pretty girls in CA
Somewhere Eastern Oregon...Madras?

If I new what I was doing, I wouldn't still be working
post #13 of 196 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 06:06 AM Thread Starter

By voting popularity it looks as if Utah has the passing lead, yet by legible populatrity its Oregon.

Keep the inputs coming!
post #14 of 196 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 07:02 PM

Ouray, Colorado would get my vote.
post #15 of 196 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 07:47 PM

I went through Ouray last summer and ended up sharing a camp spot with a nice couple that felt sorry for me. It was a Forest site high up the mountain. Seems like a pretty busy little town.
post #16 of 196 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 09:55 PM

One thing I like about Ouray (other than the beauty of it) is that it's a small town and you can walk to most anything you want to do. Everything is within walking distance. But it is a small town. Montrose has a motorcycle shop, I know they sell suzuki's but not sure about Kawasaki's?
post #17 of 196 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungmann1 View Post
I want to party with this guy! Lets get this done!
Did you say that your buying beer !!! ......... Maybe I am just hearing things ?? , Utah is at 60% right now ......and it is easy to see why

post #18 of 196 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 12:01 AM

Idaho is at 0% - 20% right now .......just sayin !! It also is easy to see why .......

Last edited by BlackHammer; 11-27-2009 at 12:04 AM.
post #19 of 196 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyway_rider View Post
One thing I like about Ouray (other than the beauty of it) is that it's a small town and you can walk to most anything you want to do. Everything is within walking distance. But it is a small town. Montrose has a motorcycle shop, I know they sell suzuki's but not sure about Kawasaki's?
There is a Kawasaki shop in Gunnison (22miles east) right on US50,Folks Gunny,Grand Junction and Montrose offer way more choices motel /gas food wise than Ouray,
I would reccomend the Gunnison Inn or the Quality inn right next door,you can walk to everything in town,prices are good and they were willing to work with us for the STN National this year,both provided a discount and friendly service.PS the Gunnison Brewery has great food and EXCELLENT beer

AMA EAA STN

Last edited by maddjack; 11-27-2009 at 08:14 AM.
post #20 of 196 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Did you say that your buying beer !!! ......... Maybe I am just hearing things ?? , Utah is at 60% right now ......and it is easy to see why

I have been known to buy a round or three! Looking forward to it. J.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode