The Pendulum Swings - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The Pendulum Swings

In years past I had a KLR650 that I put 57,000 miles on, then I got a BWM K1200LT that I put 100,000 miles on, then I got a Versys that I put 50,000 miles on, and now I'm trading it in for a Goldwing. When I'm done with the Goldwing I think I'll be ready for a scooter.

I loved the Versys. See you on the road...

"Veni, Vidi, Velcro"-- I came, I saw, I stuck around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014, 09:42 PM

Goldwing?! May as well be riding a cager. At least it's not a Harley. Stay safe!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014, 10:26 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Have fun...

No Video

Last edited by Gigitt; 07-14-2014 at 07:11 AM.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 07:08 AM

I think my next step will be a Super Tenere.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdean650 View Post
When I'm done with the Goldwing I think I'll be ready for a scooter.

I loved the Versys. See you on the road...
When you do, consider this... Piaggio mp3 500! I have one and just as much fun as the V!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg piaggio-m500.jpg (46.3 KB, 30 views)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 08:21 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
We have a Gold Wing. Our second. The wife absolutely loves it. We also have three Harleys. And an FJR1300... and...
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Had a Goldwing in 1989 GL1500 nice riding bike. Front wheel did wobble at 120mph though.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
...Front wheel did wobble at 120mph though.
PROBABLY 'cause you had half the stuff you own behind you, on it, Joe...!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
PROBABLY 'cause you had half the stuff you own behind you, on it, Joe...!

Nah...I traveled light back then....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Good luck with the new bike. I would like to downsize my stable, but it is difficult. They all bring something different to the table. My next bike will be a Tenere or Explorer. I will either part with the Concours or Voyager to get it. Then I will decide if the Versys is redundant.

My Versys Travels:

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2014, 04:01 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Good luck with the new bike. I would like to downsize my stable, but it is difficult. They all bring something different to the table. My next bike will be a Tenere or Explorer. I will either part with the Concours or Voyager to get it. Then I will decide if the Versys is redundant.
I know what you mean. We currently have eight bikes.

Personally, I would ditch my two big touring bikes. But, those are the Wife's favorites.... and she never complains about the others.... In fact, SHE is the one that usually picks them out.

We had a Super Tenere 1200. I found myself wanting something just a bit smaller. Didn't care for a WeeStrom. I know that they're very popular and others really like them.

For now, this Versys is making me happy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode