Kawasaki's warranty - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-23-2009, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Kawasaki's warranty

Here's a word to kawasaki's warranty,

Last week I put my Versys up on the stand to put some lube on the chain. I propped it up, steadied it for a second to make sure it was set and then turned around to get my brush and the lube and CRASH I turned back around to see my bike laying on it's side AHHGGG! Not happiness. After looking it over I found the little threaded block welded to the swing arm had broken off leaving the welds on the swing arm. The side of the bike had some small damage (much less than I thought there would be) The worst was a dent in the swing arm itself, a scratch on the subframe, trashed reflecter and handle bar weight and break leaver. So I took it to Kellys Kawasaki in Az to see what if any of it would be covered by the warenty. Two days later I got the call back saying that they would cover everything I was really happy to hear that! The bike is in the shop now might be back by this weekend! I think Kawasaki is awsome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 07:40 AM

It is great to hear a story of a customer of any manufacturer that is treated right. When mine fell like that it was the right spool for the rear stand that broke...not going to get much out of them.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 09:04 AM

Unhappy accident, but great reply by Kawasaki

Bye

Nobody thinks that something is so easy like who is totally unable to do it.

Kawasaki Versys 07 Orange
Ex Aprilia Pegaso 96 Blue
Ex Suzuki DR 350 91

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 03:23 PM

I had almost the same thing happen to me. Lucky after I put the V up on the rear stand I noticed the bike was leaning so I investigated and found a crack in the weld. Kawasaki replaced the swing arm under warrenty.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 03:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to E-nigma
To anyone that has experienced this type of weld failure;

What year is/was your bike? '08 or '09?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 04:30 PM

2009, It was only about 2 months old at the time.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 04:37 PM

So it was the threaded block for the spools that broke in both cases ?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2009, 04:58 PM

Pictures so we all can check ours??? Even if you got it repaired ----a finger pointing to it in a picture would make me sleep better at night.

I bought a new 03 KLR. At 232 miles I had a rock go thru the factory hole in skidplate on my bike- piece of gravel while traveling down a dirt road, right before I went thru a river crossing. When I came out of other side I had water and oil squirting out past my front fender- NOT GOOD. It busted the case in the worst possible place. I took it to my local Kawasaki dealer that I bought it from. I explained that the "engine guard" did not "guard" the engine. Kawasaki agreed and "repaired my engine No Charge! It did take about 6 weeks to get parts in and repaired but yah Kawasaki! They did not have to do it. I resolved the engine guard holes immediately when I got it back home. I had a solid aluminum one made for my bike and put it on. I heard a many rocks pound into that thing but never another engine hit, nor did it overheat at all.

So, when I bought another new bike- ya know what I bought? Yep a Kawasaki. I am debating buying the extended warranty- have not decided that one yet.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 09:00 AM

I'm thinking of a new 2010 Versys or Suzuki SV/Gladius, and a warranty is a concern. I'm glad to read this thread and feel good about buying a product the company (kawasaki) will support after the sale. I'll hopefully be able to demo ride a V at the Cycle show in Jan.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 01:03 PM

Huummm a warranty fix for the owner dropping the bike? I like to hear it but I think its pretty crazy. If they fixed every bike that fell over then they would go out of business. Makes me think there is a known problem. Has anyone checked the bulletins to see if there I a problem with the weld on the 08/09 swingarms?
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasgraham View Post
Huummm a warranty fix for the owner dropping the bike? I like to hear it but I think its pretty crazy. If they fixed every bike that fell over then they would go out of business. Makes me think there is a known problem. Has anyone checked the bulletins to see if there I a problem with the weld on the 08/09 swingarms?
What I read didn't sound like the owner dropped the bike.
The bike fell over because of a part failure. Warrant should cover the damage.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 03:16 PM

Yes your right if thats the case. It was not that clear in the write up.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

mine is an 09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode