Clicking while braking? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Clicking while braking?

As I come to a stop (I've only noticed it while coming to a stop while parking so far) there is a distinct clicking sound from the front wheel somewhere. I found this thread on a non Versys forum http://www.zxforums.com/forums/zx-7r...n-braking.html and the brake pad theory seems to fit, that's actually the first thing I thought when I first heard the sound. The brake theory being, one or both of the front calipers have a brake pad that's either worn down, or missing an anti rattle clip causing it to 'click' when it's applied. Seems like a valid theory, but before I get too far into it I thought I'd ask you guys. Another guy was saying it might be the head bearings, I really don't know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014, 03:46 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Remove calipers to inspect and clean brake pads and sliding pins.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Put the bike on a pit stand and spin the rear wheel. Chances are it is coming from the chain. If it is it probably means you need an adjustment of the slack and chain alignment or just a new front sprocket and chain.

I thought this was coming from the front wheel on my bike and it turned out to be the front sprocket and chain needed replacement.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014, 08:25 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
neviander is relating to a single click sound as the front brakes are applied...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neviander View Post
As I come to a stop (I've only noticed it while coming to a stop while parking so far) there is a distinct clicking sound from the front wheel somewhere. I found this thread on a non Versys forum http://www.zxforums.com/forums/zx-7r...n-braking.html and the brake pad theory seems to fit, that's actually the first thing I thought when I first heard the sound. The brake theory being, one or both of the front calipers have a brake pad that's either worn down, or missing an anti rattle clip causing it to 'click' when it's applied. Seems like a valid theory, but before I get too far into it I thought I'd ask you guys. Another guy was saying it might be the head bearings, I really don't know.
Do you have an anti-vibe bar riser? Mine sometimes makes a little click, I think it's the slight bit of movement in the bars from the damping thingy in the riser.

2011 Imperial Red
Givi V46 / V35's SW Motech mounts
Skidmarx hugger Moto Werks bar riser
Mondo Motors LED Driving Lights
A little bit of road rash
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode