Corbin Seat - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Corbin Seat

Has anyone purchased yet, are they taller more comfy etc, love to hear a report....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 04:50 PM

I bit the bullet and ordered one last week. I just got a notice from Corbin saying that this was their busy season and it would take 4-5 weeks for delivery. I will post pics and first impressions once it arrives.

I have never spent so much for an accessory on a bike in my life but my wife won't ride without a backrest and my back is killing me on the stock seat so fingers crossed!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

thats good news....

will be looking forward to your report...thanks

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 04:56 PM

Earlier I did a mod to my seat that helped but still wasn't good enough. Then some pics of the Corbon seat were shown and how it "cupped" in the rear of the seat to "cradle" the butt.

I then went at the seat again with my trusty files so that the center of the seat from the front to back is level as the back left and right side cup up above level. After two trips, I can say that the seat is really nice now.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 09:40 AM

I am tall as well. I ordered the Corbin seat. I asked them to make it taller. They told me it would be up to 6 weeks, but I received it in exactly 2 weeks! The seat is about 2" taller than stock and it was INSTANTLY comfortable, for me at least. I also have the Vario adjustable footpegs with the 50mm (~2 inches) lower arms installed. The bike now fits me perfectly.
I am 6'7" with a 37" inseam.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 10:11 AM

Two weeks-that's great!

How do you like the Vario pegs? I put on the 30mm drop and like the position but I don't like the fact that the pegs are noticeably narrower. The added width of the adjuster also means I have to point my toes in to shift and brake. I know that I could bend the shifter and brake pedal but my preference has always been to make changes that can readily revert back to stock.

Ed
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 03:17 PM

I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A PICTURE OF YOUR CORBIN SEAT. I have
thought about ordering one and asking them to raise the front of
the seat about one half an inch.
dmc51
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 08:10 AM

Here yah go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg seat 006 (Large).jpg (152.8 KB, 389 views)
File Type: jpg seat 003 (Large).jpg (125.7 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg seat 005 (Large).jpg (116.5 KB, 177 views)

Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 06:00 PM

It looks like the cover does not fit really tight. Does it seem to be a problem? Did you decide if it was the same height as the stock seat or is it lower?
Thanks for the info.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 06:47 PM

It seems a bit lower to me. Yeah the looseness of the cover was from my decision to not get the stitching. Something about that the old glue they used to use was banned by the EPA, or some sorta crapola like that. Considering that the seating surface is leather not vinyl, like stock. It might actually give the seat a little room to shrink over the years without pulling the stitching. Or at least thats the story I'm goin' with. To be honest, I'm not sure I made the best choice as far as stitching (looks vs durability) goes. So, I use the Saddle Conditioner at least once a week. Keepin' it supple. Time will tell.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even if nobody is watching.

Last edited by StonedGP; 08-10-2008 at 06:49 PM.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 06:56 PM

Okay the hard question ,is it worth the money? I know my butt might not be like yours but if you had it to do over again ,would you?

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 12:11 AM

Bikerhiker, do you have any pictures of your bike? I am a large man as well, 6'8" with a 37 inch inseam as well. I have considered the Vario pegs, I also have talked to Corbin about the customization of a seat and they say about 2" of foam is all they can add. If you have any pictures it would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode