Wrecked...so dumb.... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2014, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wrecked...so dumb....

Well, nice to know y'all. Seriously though, much appreciation to the people on the versus forum. I've only been on here for about a week or so, but I appreciate the interactions I had in that short time.

Someone pulled an illegal U-turn in front of my wife and I last thursday and totaled my (brand new to me) 2009 Versys. The 2nd and 3rd degree burns have pretty much dictated that the rest of this riding season is a total loss (very limited mobility in my feet for shifting and braking).

I hope to find another versus for sale in the near future. Riding the beast was literally the most fun 10 days of my life....

Be safe everyone... helmets, jackets, pants, ATGATT... We were less than 1/2 mile from the front door of our apartment when the accident took place.

Best,
Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2014, 08:39 PM
MTS

Really sorry to hear about your accident!

Glad you are both still alive. A very high % of accidents are left turns and a u-turn I would throw into that catagory.

Take care and heal fast! Hope to hear from you soon!

MTS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2014, 08:43 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Damn... You didn't even have it long enough to know that it's a Versys, and not a versus.

How is your wife doing?

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2014, 09:40 PM

Hope you heal up quick.

Lovin every minute of it!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2014, 10:01 PM

Damn, sorry to hear it man. Glad to hear you're upright.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2014, 10:21 PM

So sorry fiannavp. I wish the best recovery for both you and your wife (I'm assuming you're kinda okay, since you're posting). If you need any help with your claim (I handle west of the Mississippi River, but understand the liability aspects of most states) them PM me.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 06:49 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Sorry to hear about this. Hope the person has good insurance coverage and you are well compensated for your pain and suffering.

I have to ask, where did the burns come from? What kind of boots were you wearing?

My Versys Travels:

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 07:19 AM

Terrible news. Glad your still on this side on the grass though. I hope you get a nice check in the mail and start off 2015 on a new Versys. Speedy recovery to you both.

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 07:26 AM

Speedy recovery to you both!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 07:32 AM

Glad you faired as well as you did. I too have to ask how the burns happened...road rash?

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 09:56 AM

Wow, good you and your wife will recover. I quit riding for a few years to avoid putting my wife in harms way of idiot cagers. Heal up and ride like you are invisible.

I'm no diplomat
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Sorry to hear about this. Hope the person has good insurance coverage and you are well compensated for your pain and suffering.

I have to ask, where did the burns come from? What kind of boots were you wearing?
Nobody actually believes that accidents happen so close to home so of course I wasn't wearing my boots. Threw on a pair of nikes since I was heading to my office softball game...

...life lesson learned. 2nd and 3rd degree burns under the toungue of the sneakers. I just couldn't justify wearing boots in 90 degree weather for a 2 mile ride. Dumb move, i know.

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
I'm GLAD your plans include riding again - says a LOT about your spirit!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 02:36 PM

Good luck on your recovery, hope all goes well. Hard lesson to learn, but you survived.

Good friend of mine and his wife were seriously injured on their bike when they were in an accident. They made the decision to not wear helmets because they were only going a few miles from home to get ice cream. Not a good decision.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 04:38 PM

Glad you're going to be OK and I hope your wife is as well.

Things happen very quickly as time and sometimes there's nothing you can do. You'll get another Versys I have no doubt.

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014, 08:21 AM

Glad u n the wife are ok. Hope you find another Versys next year.

Present Ride: Yamaha Super Tenere 2012
Previous Ride:
2011 to 2015 2011 Versys Spark BlackKawasaki Ninja 2010 to 2011 250R 2008 Plasma Blue
My V's Farkle Log:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
broke, crash, wreck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode