I wouldnt last two seconds - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 07:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I wouldnt last two seconds

I was bored last night you-tubing versys clips, and i'm not sure what country this guy lives in, but if you rode like this around here you would be in jail. Insane traffic filtering to the point I don't know how this dude isn't dead. Oh and there is a sweet lambo in traffic too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfYcg5NuQ8M

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 08:27 AM
MTS

LOL Maybe too many people?

Terrible camara angle!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 08:39 AM

Thailand, Baby! Drove those streets for three and a half years back in the day...

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

Yes I found myself lifting my head watching that video like "look up! look up!" Is that typical/ legal for Thailand, or is this dude a little outta control? Just watching that video stresses me out. I think I would die early if I lived there.

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 12:19 PM

I think you get used to it gradually. Filtering is illegal where I live, but mostly everyone does it, so I do it too - carefully. But practicse is everything, and after 50000 miles I've recently found myself filtering in 6th gear

If you interested in the topic, do some reading on London motorcycle couriers, maybe even back in the 1990s, these guys were probably the world's elite when it comes to filtering.

2008 Kawasaki Versys
1994 Honda NTV 650
1999 Suzuki AN125
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 03:54 PM

Safe and sane! That pretty looks like me on my commute to work when I am running late!
Some of those scooter/mopeds are "doing work" too!

I have seen one of a guy in Russia (I think, maybe it was Italy...or France?? ) that was even more nuts...it was more of a multi-lane interstate type thing and dude was on a sport bike (R1?) and absolutely FLYING by cars while splitting (and weaving) at triple digit speeds... I was, literally, thinking "death wish" while watching it. This was a few years ago...I think the guy made quite a few of the vids and then was later killed. If I remember right, he had some sort of weird name he posted under (Black Ghost--his bike was blacked out/murdered--or something like that) and he got "world famous" for the vids on Youtube before, well, the end.
Anybody remember that/him/those vids? (I think somebody posted one on this site a while back)

Ride to live, live to ride.
2009 Kawasaki Versys
2010 Yamaha YZ 250F
2008 Honda CRF 450
2006 Honda CR 250R
I've owned a Maico.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 04:06 PM

Yea, that video isn't too bad.

Somewhat normal for someone who splits regularly?

Hooligan
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 04:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahwas View Post
I think you get used to it gradually. Filtering is illegal where I live, but mostly everyone does it, so I do it too - carefully. But practicse is everything, and after 50000 miles I've recently found myself filtering in 6th gear

If you interested in the topic, do some reading on London motorcycle couriers, maybe even back in the 1990s, these guys were probably the world's elite when it comes to filtering.
I lived in London for 9 years ('86-94). After that time you start to ride like everyone else, if you don't you're more of a hazard. Plus, the locals are use to it and appear more aware of the bikes around them.I would often find myself riding a 60-70mph, which is 3 times the city speed here in Australia. Only 1 fall & no tickets in those 9 years. I don't think I would be doing it now.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMoto View Post
I have seen one of a guy in Russia (I think, maybe it was Italy...or France?? ) that was even more nuts...it was more of a multi-lane interstate type thing and dude was on a sport bike (R1?) and absolutely FLYING by cars while splitting (and weaving) at triple digit speeds... I was, literally, thinking "death wish" while watching it. This was a few years ago...I think the guy made quite a few of the vids and then was later killed. If I remember right, he had some sort of weird name he posted under (Black Ghost--his bike was blacked out/murdered--or something like that) and he got "world famous" for the vids on Youtube before, well, the end.
Anybody remember that/him/those vids? (I think somebody posted one on this site a while back)
this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bgnbsip7ZHI

Peter
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 11:19 PM

My son showed me this one:
http://youtu.be/B4KqJYDwxsk

They all scare the crap out of me. I like riding fast, but not around and in between cars - one open door to spit or chunk a drink and BOOM!
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 09:49 PM

"I WOULDN'T LAST 2 SECONDS"

I opened the thread and thought for sure I was going to see a pic of Brooklyn Decker in a bikini.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 06:37 AM

When I saw the title of the thread, "I wouldn't last 2 seconds" I thought it was a sex video!
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeWee-Houston View Post
When I saw the title of the thread, "I wouldn't last 2 seconds" I thought it was a sex video!
I always last two seconds.... but that's about it.

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 10:17 AM

I don't trust other drivers enough to do that.
Everyone just get the hell away from me and I'm happy as could be.

Last edited by ray h; 06-26-2014 at 10:32 AM.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was about bull-riding...!

I always thought that "bull riding" was NOT a sport, but rather an intelligence test. IF you get on a rodeo bull and let them "pull the gate"... you just FAILED!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

I have heard that hemming way was quoted saying “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” But I would say bull riding fits in there.

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 11:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeWee-Houston View Post
Just going to throw this out there as somebody who browses the forums while at work... if it was anything inappropriate, I'd hope the OP would throw [NSFW] in there. Otherwise, I might as well put a sign out to the net admins saying while I'm thinking !!
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 09:29 PM

The V must be king of the road 'round those parts. Scooters seem supremely practical for traffic like that, and a crotch rocket would be downright suicidal...if you don't think they are in the first place. The nimble, offset timing 650 seems like everything you'd ever need over there.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 09:50 PM

Nerve racking because you cant see whats ahead. . . I'll pass, and by pass I mean I won't pass I will just sit in my lane and complain.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-27-2014, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanThomas View Post
I have heard that hemming way was quoted saying “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” But I would say bull riding fits in there.
AGREED!

However my remark that "bull riding" is an intelligence test STILL stands...

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode