490 mile weekend - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2014, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
490 mile weekend

Had an awesome weekend 300 miles Saturday and another 190 today. Went up into the white mountains played around on the twisted there then headed down the coast to Salisbury and Hampton. The V performed flawless and I wasn't that sore. I love this bike more each time I ride it.

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2014, 05:41 PM
NYG

Ian,
I'm heading there a week from today. I know I'll be going to Mt. Washington and then riding to my friend's house in Concord; other than that, I've got about ten possible routes put together. It will be my longest two or three days of riding, probably in the 700 mile range.
Do you have any recommendations on roads to avoid or roads that MUST be ridden? I'd appreciate the input.

Thanks,

Mike
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2014, 07:22 PM
MTS

It is a fun bike!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Ian,
I'm heading there a week from today. I know I'll be going to Mt. Washington and then riding to my friend's house in Concord; other than that, I've got about ten possible routes put together. It will be my longest two or three days of riding, probably in the 700 mile range.
Do you have any recommendations on roads to avoid or roads that MUST be ridden? I'd appreciate the input.

Thanks,

Mike
Definitely hit up the Kancamagus Highway Rt 112. I usually make a nice loop using rt. 112, rt. 302, and rt. 3. Parts of 16 and 2 are really nice too. There are so many amazing roads up there, but the kancamagus and 302 are for sure a highlight. If you like touristy little villages go to North Conway (usually a ton of traffic). Lucky you, you missed bike week because everything was packed and you couldn't even get lunch without waiting an hour in line somewhere. Have fun up there. Let us know how you liked it.

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 09:04 PM

We did about 350 miles this past saturday and another 550 the weekend before that, all with the same results you shared. The V impresses me more and more every time I take her out. This past weekend was probably my favorite though, 320 miles of nothing but twisties and back roads, no slab at all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode