East and West Natn'l Gatherings - Kawasaki Versys Forum
View Poll Results: Should there be
one central rally, say in CO? 15 34.88%
two rallies, east and west, that would be ideally located for the central folks? 29 67.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Question East and West Natn'l Gatherings

This post and poll is to better surmise what the popular opinon would be for starting with one big, central meet up; or, having an East and West rally.

If there were Easter and Western "rallies," I would purpose their location to still provide ample oppurtunity for those in the central region to afford the time to come over. For instance, a west we could do In central Oregon, Southern Idaho, or Northern CA (Oregon has great roads). For an eastern meet up, TN, WV, VA, GA, and MO have all been mentioned.

This is an open discussion, so please put forth your opinion and vote. I am aiming to settle on something by months end so we can get to planning, as in some location Summer vacancies can quickly become reserved. So,post your vote, and ideal location.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 08:45 AM

Well I would be much more likely to go to an east coast event that I could drive to in 1 or 1 1/2 days travel one way as opposed to a single event in Colorado with 3+ days travel time one way to the event.

I think there will be a bigger turn out over all if there were 2 events starting off it maybe hard to get people to come at all maybe after regional events are established there will be a strong enough following to have one National event that is either central or moves around or is only every 2 or 3 years. There are just not enough Versys Riders to draw people 1600+ miles one way for an event. For a first time event if 40 bikes show up that would be great but if you do say an East/West Coast events you may have that mayb show up to each .... thus More people over all.

Just a Side note Only 64 people responded to the Poll if a National event were even possible thus far only 48 people think it is possible 13 say maybe and 3 said No Way, that is not a lot of people

09' Versys "Mean Green my 3 year old immediately dubed it"
07' H-D FLHP Road King (not mine but drive it hard)
2001 FZ-1 (sold)
1998 Murader 800 (sold)
1992 Yamaha Seca (sold)
1988 Suzuki Savage 650
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 12:06 PM

I'm biased for CO or a southwestern location. A two day ride in and a two day ride out is as far as I would be willing to go by myself. That rule out both coasts for me. However, if the rally takes place in a good vacation/resort type of town with a scenic drive in (I would be trailering along the family) I can turn it into a family road trip and make the long trip worth while.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 05:00 PM

How about the dragon for the easter?
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 06:09 PM

I like the idea of the east, and west events.....let's face it not too many people want to ride their Versys 3 days one way to an event, and 3 days back.

I still like West Virginia (Lewisburg), or Robbinsville for the easern event...many great roads to ride !!!

'15 DL1000
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 06:58 PM

+1 on what Motocop said. For the East a place like the Two Wheels Only
campground in N. Georgia would be good. Close to a lot of great roads that everyone has heard about. A national would be great but might be much better after some successful regionals.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 04:42 AM

I live closer to TWO, but there are probably more suitable accomodations in Tellico Plains,TN. There are several motorcycle campgrounds, plus it is right at the end of the Cherohala Skyway.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 06:21 AM

And don't forget people a rally does not have to be huge to be fun,I attend ST meets where there are 40 to 300 and some of the smaller meets are as good as the big ones.Size isn't always better and its easier to set up a block of 30 rooms at a motel ,and a dinner at a eatery ,than 300.Also don't forget ,this isn't the Goldwing forum so there aren't a zillon Versys owners here (YET). So if you want a lot of people you may need to multi brand/or organization
In answer to the question,for me it doesn't matter much ,my main worry is conflict with other events I attend,so maybe 2 shots at it would be better.
My suggestion for two would be Western ,Western Colorado ( montrose or grand junction) or Utah,For the Eastern,Boone NC,Sparta NC ( the Alleghany inn rocks,we did a meet there ) , or Lewisburg WV.

AMA EAA STN

Last edited by maddjack; 11-21-2009 at 06:46 AM.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnor View Post
I like the idea of the east, and west events.....let's face it not too many people want to ride their Versys 3 days one way to an event, and 3 days back.

I still like West Virginia (Lewisburg), or Robbinsville for the easern event...many great roads to ride !!!
STN is having its National in Lewisburg June 15 and 16 ,just a FYI,main motel will be the Brier INN,everyone here is welcome to come,if there is intrest, I will post contact info for the motel discount as soon as its set up.

AMA EAA STN
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisb View Post
How about the dragon for the easter?
Colorado has some nice roads up in the mountains, but the roads getting there suck. (At least for me from here) My attendance would depend a lot on timing and finances.

Now the Dragon is a horse of a different color. There are some decent roads between here and there and I don't need a lot of excuses to go ride that road.

I'd say maybe/iffy on Colorado but the Dragon definitely possible. I would go out of my way and make some sacrifices to attend that one.

Back Off! I'm Already Riding Way Beyond My Abilities.

post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 10:38 AM

The only problem with the Dragon is unless you hit it on a midweek day ,its a squid filled mess with very heavy enforcement nowdays,just sayin

AMA EAA STN
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddjack View Post
The only problem with the Dragon is unless you hit it on a midweek day ,its a squid filled mess with very heavy enforcement nowdays,just sayin
+1
I'd rather have a good road with light traffic than a great road with idiots passing me in my lane every few minutes or going wide in the turns.

Every road in the Appalachians is fun to ride.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 10:51 AM

im ten minutes off the blue ridge parkway in roanoke va. great area roads all around me.. an east coast event would be great..im interested
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatrat View Post
+1
I'd rather have a good road with light traffic than a great road with idiots passing me in my lane every few minutes or going wide in the turns.

Every road in the Appalachians is fun to ride.
Now your talkin' WVA

'15 DL1000
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 04:54 PM

We don't have to be at the dragon all day, just a good central meeting point for the east and we can ride the entire blue ridge.Whether your north or south it's a perfect meetup. what do you think?
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 04:57 PM

I can do W VA also. Either way it's about 800 miles. I don't know all the good spots down there but it I was just trying to keep a good central spot whether your in Maine or Pensacola
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 05:06 PM

+1 on what Maddjack says about the Dragon. Been there several times and will go back again but would not go on a weekend.

post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddjack View Post
My suggestion for two would be Western ,Western Colorado ( montrose or grand junction) or Utah.
I was just looking at UT as a possibility--any one hear of good roads out that way?
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 07:52 PM

What is the timing going to be, spring?
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 11-22-2009, 12:03 AM

No time frame established yet flyguync

I would be happy with anyplace between N Georgia and WVA

I just know there are a ton of places we could go if we planed to base out of N Georgia and do day trips out of there you can hit telico, the dragon, and plenty of nice light off road places we go in the Appalachian National Forest. Coal Creek might be fun in east Tenn but have not been there in years not sure if the Versys would be suited for that with out some mods. But who knows I think the point of this thread was to decide on just one national event or to go with regional ones? Looks like there is more interest at this point in regional events (70.97% in favor) but we can give it a few more days and then maybe start a more applicable regional thread to plan the where and when aspects.

09' Versys "Mean Green my 3 year old immediately dubed it"
07' H-D FLHP Road King (not mine but drive it hard)
2001 FZ-1 (sold)
1998 Murader 800 (sold)
1992 Yamaha Seca (sold)
1988 Suzuki Savage 650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode