2007 Versys Part-Out: Gauging Interest - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2007 Versys Part-Out: Gauging Interest

So my '07 V got written off two weeks ago, just got the call from the adjuster yesterday regarding the value and what I can do now. I have the option to buy it back with a salvage title and am considering a part-out, but wanted to see how much interest that might generate on here first.

Bike:
2007 Versys
Black
~20,000 kms/14,000 miles
All stock, located in Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Crash:
Rear-ended and low-sided on left. Basically nothing from the left side is recoverable (fairings, indicators, gear lever, clutch lever, handlebars)

However, the right side is mint cosmetically, and I figure things like the instrument panel, headlight, windscreen, wheels+tires, brake lever, fairing etc. might sell.

Does anyone have any experience doing this with a bike? Success, failure, pain in the ass?

Does anyone want/need parts from it right off the bat?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Depending on how many $ you have to pay to "buy" it, could be a GOOD thing!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Depending on how many $ you have to pay to "buy" it, could be a GOOD thing!
The buyback is 15% of the appraised resale value, so it's pretty cheap. The problem is I don't think there are enough Versys riders in my area that would want parts, and being in Canada makes shipping a bit more restrictive.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 10:20 PM

Look for engines, clutches, transmissions and wheels on ebay. Brake rotors, callipers, ecu , wire harnesses, seat, etc. Forks? If you only need to cover 15%, that should be very possible. It'll take a good amount of dis-assembly, photos, packaging, and dealing with ebay fees and scammers, but if you have the time, I think it should easily be profitable.

Cheers, Jeff
--------------------------------

|
|

2010 Versys
SW-Motech crash bars & bash plate
SW-Motech quick lock rear rack
Two seahorse 720 cases / panniers
Givi wind screen
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hope you are okay T-Wall. aht are you thinking about getting from here or do you already have another ride?

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 10:23 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff S View Post
Look for engines, clutches, transmissions and wheels on ebay. Brake rotors, callipers, ecu , wire harnesses, seat, etc. Forks? If you only need to cover 15%, that should be very possible. It'll take a good amount of dis-assembly, photos, packaging, and dealing with ebay fees and scammers, but if you have the time, I think it should easily be profitable.
Especially if there's a close '07 rider who might want some parts for his bike :P (sent you a pm btw T-Wall)
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Heres a good guide for you on pricing..http://www.suncoastcyclesports.com/s...eyword=kle+650

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode