GIVI Bags and Mounts - Pyramid Hugger - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
GIVI Bags and Mounts - Pyramid Hugger

I finally got my GIVI mounts! I got my Pyramid hugger too. In case any one was wondering what they look like...Here they are...

Graham

To do is to be. -Descartes
To be is to do. -Voltaire
Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

States I've ridden in so far

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 03:17 PM

NICE! Can't wait for my hugger (don't know the brand, lol) to arrive from Twinshack. Your trunk/bags look great together.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-28-2008, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks!

Graham

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 11:10 AM

Hey Hooligan,

How is that hugger working out? Style wise, it is my favorite! But I have heard that it is hard to install and doesn't line up quite right. I'm on the verge of ordering, especially after seeing your pics!
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briar Rabbit View Post
Hey Hooligan,

How is that hugger working out? Style wise, it is my favorite! But I have heard that it is hard to install and doesn't line up quite right. I'm on the verge of ordering, especially after seeing your pics!
It took about 10 minutes to install and lined up fine so I'm not sure what the problem is. I'm very happy with it.

Graham

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

It looks great!

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 04:34 PM

Looks great Hooligan! What model are those Givi bags and trunk? Is the hugger useful, or more for appearance?
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 04:53 PM

Yes I like it. What mount is that? I was led to believe that the top box would not work with the side bags. Is this a different mount that Kawasaki won't tell us about because we stupid humans will hurt ourselves with. If it is a Givi mount, Do you have the part number? Thanks for your help, and for sharing the pics.

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! It is all GIVI. It's the V46 monokey top case and the V35 PLX side cases. The top case mount is number FZ447. The side case mounts are number PLX447. There is a stop light kit I plan to order. I also bought a 3 lock kit and installed it so all 3 bags use the same key.

Graham

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docteric View Post
Looks like we gotta get this one (uvwx504) off the message board. Anyone know how to notify the administrators of inappropriate posts?
Done.

See the little red triangle with the exclamation point in it - it's in the upper right hand corner of each post.

If you ever come across spam posts like the one in the thread, just click that, and it will allow you to notify the adminstrator that there is evil among us.

~Mike

Future Versys owner in 3...2...
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 02:07 PM

I like the look of the V35 bags and all, but I didnt feel like waiting for them when I needed some luggage so I bought the Cortech Soft Saddlebags and went with the Givi FZ447 trunk mount and a E370 top case. I figured this was I can always go back and add the side racks later!! I also added some custom LED lights in the side reflectors on the E370 and linked them to the Givi brake light kit for the case so now I have a HUGE stop light for the idiots behind me to see.
Warning to all thinking of the Givi top case or the Kawi one...it really blocks the view of your tail light so adding other lighting is critical!!!
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 04:30 PM

Wow Graham, it looks like you have enough room to travel just about anywhere or take a women out overnight!

That's quite a setup, is it much wider with the side cases? I'd like to keep mine as narrow as possible because I've been known to 'pretend' I'm in California if I encounter a traffic jam and lane-split my way out of there.

I have the exact same White Scorpion Apollo helmet (and still don't it's as comfy as my Arai).

Don
"ride more, worry less"
2005 Suzuki GSXR1000 (slightly bent) - Track
2000 Honda VFR800 - Street
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacktracker View Post
Wow Graham, it looks like you have enough room to travel just about anywhere or take a women out overnight!

That's quite a setup, is it much wider with the side cases? I'd like to keep mine as narrow as possible because I've been known to 'pretend' I'm in California if I encounter a traffic jam and lane-split my way out of there.

I have the exact same White Scorpion Apollo helmet (and still don't it's as comfy as my Arai).

Now THAT is funny!!!!

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacktracker View Post

It makes her wider for sure.....

Graham

post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 09:35 PM

Tim,

Thanks for getting rid of the foul fingered (as opposed to foul mouthed) fellow. The triangle icon is a great thing to have. Good work.

A diamond is just a hunk of coal
that didn't quit under pressure
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docteric View Post
Tim,

Thanks for getting rid of the foul fingered (as opposed to foul mouthed) fellow. The triangle icon is a great thing to have. Good work.
+1

Graham

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 03:03 PM

GIVI Rack

Hooligan, Who did you order the GIVI Tail Trunk Rack from and were you happy with their service and time frame to deliver?
Thanks
Boltos
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 08:46 AM

I am trying to install my Givi brake light now, but I can't figure out which wires to connect it to. I tried Red/Blue and Black/Yellow, but that gave me 12 V all the time.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 10:31 PM

Scorpion Helmet

Hooligan,

How do you like the Scorpion helmet? Does the built in shades really work as good as a pair of sunglasses?

HB9400
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-17-2008, 08:16 AM

Great pix, great looking bike!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode