V Rally & Ride in Cincinnati - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
V Rally & Ride in Cincinnati

Finally found another V rider (Forum member) to get together with and compare notes and farkles. Man_ Versys_Food and I joined a friend on an old 750 Honda for a 60 miler yesterday. This was the first time I have seen another V on the road. I know there are some others here in town, so contact us so we can get together. Anybody planning on going up to the Mid-Ohio Vintage Bike meet in early July?

That's my dirty green one on the left. Lance keeps a clean red machine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg me and Lance.jpg (115.7 KB, 67 views)

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-25-2014, 09:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'll be picking up a V this Saturday and plan on attending the Mid Ohio bike week. Plan on doing a lot of riding this summer. I've never seen another V other than the showrooms. My brother may be getting one as well, he has a KLR on street tires and just wants more power so it should be a pretty easy decision what he moves onto next.

Last edited by Smooth_Puddin; 06-25-2014 at 09:20 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Smooth, what color you got. I'll be up also be up at Mid-Ohio and will keep an eye out for you. I've got a Green one and will probbly have my Givi hard bags on and will be getting there early afternoon on Friday. We'll be doing that afternoon and night, then heading out Saturday aftrnoon to do some country riding and stay??? We might stop back by on Sunday on the way back to Cincy. Hope to see you.

rayj

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 07:45 PM

If you ever come down to the motorcycle mecca(East, Tn/West, Nc) to ride the dragon or snake I'm sure me and adurbin could meet up with ya'll and we could have a nice little V rally.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth_Puddin View Post
I'll be picking up a V this Saturday and plan on attending the Mid Ohio bike week. Plan on doing a lot of riding this summer. I've never seen another V other than the showrooms. My brother may be getting one as well, he has a KLR on street tires and just wants more power so it should be a pretty easy decision what he moves onto next.
There are alot of us that came from klr's to the V, gratz on the new ride.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayj View Post
Smooth, what color you got. I'll be up also be up at Mid-Ohio and will keep an eye out for you. I've got a Green one and will probbly have my Givi hard bags on and will be getting there early afternoon on Friday. We'll be doing that afternoon and night, then heading out Saturday aftrnoon to do some country riding and stay??? We might stop back by on Sunday on the way back to Cincy. Hope to see you.

Shouldn't be to hard to pick out of the crowd. It's vinyl wrapped. I may bring some of the blue back though, but who knows, I will probably be to busy riding it.

See you up there.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 10:44 PM

[QUOTE=monjorrow;639977]If you ever come down to the motorcycle mecca(East, Tn/West, Nc) to ride the dragon or snake I'm sure me and adurbin could meet up with ya'll and we could have a nice little V rally.

Plan on visiting the dragon and the snake this year. I've never had the bike to take down there until now.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-26-2014, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Smooth, that black looks good. I'll be with a Beemer cruiser dude, and he just got back from his Memorial Day trip doing the snake and such. Some serious seasoned tech riders, even on big scoots. I'm hoping to do the snake and dragon next year after having a lot more twistie miles under my seat.

rayj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode