possible, and hell, why not. 65 73.03%
to far fetched, get a clue college kid. 3 3.37%
maybe going to happening, I'll wait and see. 21 23.60%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 01:50 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
US V Gathering

I haven't checked past posts to see if anyone has inquired the idea, so fogive a repeat if this is the case.

The summer being a good many months away, I was thinking about what moto-rallies it would be fun to go to. The fellowship with other riders is something to be prized, as well as riding, tech, gear, and what not. Curious, if a few of us got together, and a few many more would come, about having a "national" V rally?

Ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 08:27 AM

I vote for Robbinsville N.C/Deals Gap area........ At leat for an east coast one.....

After some thought, maybe West Virginia (Lewisburg area?) Less crowds, and all great roads !!!!!

'15 DL1000
post #3 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

That side of the states would be fun, but I imagine some difficulty for those of us that are on the West Coast. Perhaps East and West meetups, or find a central area. I don't mind making the trek if I had a truck and trailer, but I don't.

Also, any Canucks interested in making the border crossing?

post #4 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

On that note, I think you're starting to see the problem with something like this. Way too many miles separate us. If we wanted to try to centralize it somewhat, I've read Arkansas has some awesome riding areas.

post #5 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 05:12 PM

Sure, I go to a couple of meets a year from another website. Just a bunch of guys who get together, lie a lot and have a good time. The trick is not to meet the wants and needs of everyone. Pick a couple of locations and post a vote, majority wins, pick a few days and post a vote, majority wins, etc.

Some will make it, some wont, some will be happy, some wont, it is the only way to do it, otherwise it just never happens.
post #6 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 05:18 PM

Robbinsville would be awesome for me, but I think you would have to look at something like Arkansas to get people from a wide variety of areas.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 06:00 PM

This is just an idea, but why don't we get together and crash...I mean attend some other groups event?

We could all show up to an advrider or MSTA rally.
That way we get to meet up as well as represent the KLE650 gang.
post #8 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 06:03 PM

An East and a West rally sounds like it would make the most sense. A motorcycle only campground like Two Wheels Only in North Ga. for the Eastern rally would be good. Weather in North Ga. and West NC is pretty nice in June.

post #9 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 06:05 PM

Another good Rally is the Great Chicken Rally in Huntsville Al.

post #10 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc11 View Post

Some will make it, some wont, some will be happy, some wont, it is the only way to do it, otherwise it just never happens.
Somehow I always get stuck with leading rides (not that I mind...well, most the time) and what you said is way they turn out, all the time.

Western and Eastern rallies sound promising, and not entirely sure about crashing some. The only rally I have been too is the Chief Joseph Rally in eastern Oregon put on by the BMW riders of Oregon, can't till you how many people came and looked at my bike. The roads out there were absolutely perfect, nearly everything to choose from, and not a cop around.

I'll start researching rallies, as well as taking insight from you guys, and pull something together on a map. That might help the greater group of us decide what locations might be ideal.

Keep the ideas coming.
post #11 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 06:39 PM

I think if a dozen Kawasakis show up to a BMWMOA rally they may suspect foul play.
Might want to keep it bike-agnostic.
post #12 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 06:39 PM

We are starting to have an issue already. We have people all across the states. If you want a National rally and want people to actually come to it, it must be practical. The typical person say that lives in Florida is not going to ride all the way to Washington.

Put it in the middle of the states that way the the greatest amount of people would and could show.

post #13 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmahorney View Post
The typical person say that lives in Florida is not going to ride all the way to Washington.

Put it in the middle of the states that way the the greatest amount of people would and could show.
I couldn't agree more--I am by no means abdicating for WA, I perfer to get out of the state and explore more As regards centrality, Kansas, Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska would be the center of the States. Not sure which of those would have the best roads, but I have heard good things about Colorado. There is also South Dakota, I think they have a rally out in Sturgis.

Last edited by hikewithmike; 11-07-2009 at 07:15 PM.
post #14 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Actually, Stugis might be a bad idea. The location and scenery looks amazing, but the rally, which will be in its 70th year, is Harley Heaven. Bad idea to crash that.

http://www.sturgismotorcyclerally.com/
post #15 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

Thunder On the Plains, Kansas.

http://thunderontheplains.com/
post #16 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 07:40 PM

Someone mentioned MSTA.....I'm a member, and they have rally's all over the country, and the versys is a perfect "mix" with most of the bikes people in MSTA ride. A lot of us have them.

www.ridemsta.com

'15 DL1000
post #17 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 08:14 PM

I was at the MSTA FoF rally in Missouri this year and there was 105 people there and a 350 mile route laid out.
The ride was great and I don't think it would be a problem if we informally made our own little group to go along with the rally.

I don't know if the $30 dollars to register would be a problem for some, though.
For me it was a bargain since it came with 2 meals and the best riding I've had thus far on the Versys.

I plan on attending as many MSTA rallies as I can next riding season, and I'd be willing to travel a bit extra to make it to one if I know there is gonna be a Versys presence.
post #18 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 08:15 PM

MSTA looks like a good organization but they do require $35 membership before attending national and regional events.

post #19 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 08:54 PM

Thats why I'm hesitant to suggest that an MSTA ride would be a good meeting place for us.
I think the membership fee is a bargain but I don't want to tell everyone else they should do the same.
post #20 of 112 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 09:02 PM

I agree. I am interested in MSTA and may join but others may not care to. MSTA looks like it might be a good idea for us non HD/BMW folks. It sure would save a lot of effort in trying to organize a separate rally.

Last edited by dwr302; 11-08-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode