Santa Fe? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Santa Fe?

Travelling through Santa Fe on my way from one daughters home in Denver to the other's in Scottsdale.

Never been to SF, but remember hearing its a cool place. Any suggestions, places to stay eat etc would be great.

BTW, the Versys will be with me on the back of the truck on its way to some serious AZ winter riding-there its now V related.

No giving me a hard time for trailing it. I've been riding round DEN area and came through some horrendous weather between Casper & Cheyenne, I 25 was closed for 24 hours.

Tx

Machog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 01:56 PM

I rode through NM this summer, didn't stop much though...

what I can tell you, is if you're taking the 1-40 (which I assume you are), once you get closer to AZ, but not quite to AZ, there is a pull of on the Indian Rez out there, and they have a few small art shops, and an awesome cafe that sells the best fry bread I've ever had. You should check it out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 08:31 PM

Skip Santa Fe, go down through Red River, Angel Fire, Eagles Nest and or Taos. Awesome ride down through the mountains with nice twisties. Take the back road from Red River to Las Vegas, NM.

We were just there a couples weeks ago. I was sweet.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 09:09 PM

I made the same loop kma talked about in last post last spring its great scenary and roads also rode Toas sky valley road its only 16 miles but is good stuff. ride safe

Last edited by bultaco; 11-06-2009 at 09:29 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 11:10 PM

Shelter: Best, vintage, Rt. 66 style motel on the main drag (Cerrillos Road) is the El Rey (it's near my house). The Lamplighter is a good basic motel on the strip too.
Food: Get the monster breakfast burrito next door to the El Rey at The Pantry, or go downtown to Pasquals for a swankier and really good breakfast (lunch too). For dinner, try the Tune-Up Cafe on Hickox St. - nice neighborhood scene. The owner/chef is from central america, not quite mexican food, not quite new mexican food, really good. Or go to Santa Fe's best brew pub, Second Street Brewery (try the IPA), also a local scene, usually live music, always low key. The Plaza Cafe is an excellent diner with very good food, comfy, two locations including one on the historic plaza downtown.
If budget is not an issue, stay at the Inn of the Anasazi downtown for frou-frou pampering, VERY up-scale. Walk up the street to SantaCafe for a martini and quiet, white table cloth dinner.

Check the weather before you come. Last week it was cold, snowy and in the twenties, this week it's been beautiful, sunny, 70s.

If you had a day to get on the bike, you could ride over to Bandelier National Monument, mostly nice roads, great scenery. Or, day trip to Taos. Or take a short cruise out to Galisteo or to Madrid.

Around town, watch for me on the blue versys under a red helmet.

Enjoy.

Brian
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmahorney View Post
skip santa fe, go down through red river, angel fire, eagles nest and or taos. Awesome ride down through the mountains with nice twisties. Take the back road from red river to las vegas, nm.

We were just there a couples weeks ago. I was sweet.
+1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode