2010 Reviews and stuff? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2010 Reviews and stuff?

Hi

I've noticed that the forum has been a little bit slow towards the new model lately; I wonder, in your experience, how long after a new model or newer version of a model comes out, will you be able to find videos in Youtube or basic reviews with non-press release pictures? Maybe I'm just being impatient or something, but I'm really curious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

If I remember correctly, it was this way last year too. It won't be long before a whole bunch of new braggart members with shiny new Versyses will be showing up, making us feel all old & crap...

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 08:57 PM

yeah but BoB, we will be the all knowing veterans around here once this new wave hits!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 08:18 AM

But last year wasn't a redesign, just new colors. This one could take a little bit longer. Hope I'm wrong though.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 02:57 PM

I'm not sure what a review is going to tell you; it's the same bike with some minor (and mostly cosmetic) changes? A review or bike test is going to say the same thing as it did last year.....

Dave

2008 Versys, 2008 ZX6R, 2006 EX500, 2002 KLR650
2010 KTM 300XCW, 2007 KTM 200XC, 2006 KTM 200 XC,
2004 CRF250X, 2002 CRF150
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPelletier View Post
I'm not sure what a review is going to tell you; it's the same bike with some minor (and mostly cosmetic) changes? A review or bike test is going to say the same thing as it did last year.....

Dave

Oh sure! Come in here & let the wind of our sails with reality!

Actually, I'm curious about the rubber mounted engine & vibrations. I'd also like to know how the wind flows over the front end. But you're right, it's mostly the same bike... mostly...

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Well, I understand there are some cosmetic changes, I would just love to see them in normal pictures from different angles other than the "perfect" press release.

Then I am interested in vieos or reviews since of course, I am interested in buyint a 2010 Versys and not an '09 or older, just because I want the newer model, even though the changes aren't big.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 10:48 AM

OK, sorry guys

Don't let me rain on anybody's parade; I'm just getting old and cranky!

Dave

2008 Versys, 2008 ZX6R, 2006 EX500, 2002 KLR650
2010 KTM 300XCW, 2007 KTM 200XC, 2006 KTM 200 XC,
2004 CRF250X, 2002 CRF150
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEOVAN83 View Post
Well, I understand there are some cosmetic changes, I would just love to see them in normal pictures from different angles other than the "perfect" press release.

Then I am interested in vieos or reviews since of course, I am interested in buyint a 2010 Versys and not an '09 or older, just because I want the newer model, even though the changes aren't big.
I wish you'd hurry up & buy one so we can see it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPelletier View Post
OK, sorry guys

Don't let me rain on anybody's parade; I'm just getting old and cranky!

Dave

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 03:11 PM

My local dealer salesperson didn't even know about the '10 yet. Funny how corporations let the public know what's going on before the dealers have a clue.

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-06-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post
My local dealer salesperson didn't even know about the '10 yet. Funny how corporations let the public know what's going on before the dealers have a clue.
If a dealer knows less than its customers... well... they're all the same anyhow I suppose.

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amir_zwara View Post
If a dealer knows less than its customers... well... they're all the same anyhow I suppose.
It seems this is usually the case in my limited experience.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amir_zwara View Post
Most buyer in todays world scour the internet for days or months befor going to purchase from a dealer , I had to explain some details to a Harley sales guy how the Buell Ulysses X and XT are slightly different . I am liking the 2010 model so far , need to see it in person though . As stated above some real world pics would be nice .......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010_Versys_3.jpg (171.4 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg 2010-Kawasaki-Versys-Headlight.jpg (21.8 KB, 102 views)

** This space for rent **
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 12:29 PM

I saw the 2010 in person at Kawasaki City in Irving last week. this is the only dealer I've found to have one. .

Most dealers either know nothing about the 2010 or they are hedgeing their bets and tryng to unload the last '08's and '09's before they commit to having any more Versys on their floor. I agree that Kawasaki has not risen to the occasions to advertise the Versys here in the States and that's a tragedy. If more people knew about what the bike was capable of they couldn't keep them on the floor. Maybe that's not all bad because you can work some great deals right now because of that.

It is a great looking bike and I'm leaning toward it more every day and I'll probably have one in my Garage in a week or two. Time will tell.

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor

Last edited by dallasdon; 02-23-2010 at 06:30 PM.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 04:11 PM

I am a lurker of over a year and looking forward to buying a Versys sometime this year. My KLR was stolen, which is kind of happily forcing the upgrade. Unfortunately I am moving soon so buying time is up in the air.

I would like to purchase the new model but don't think I will be able to justify the price when a 08 or 09 can be had for quite a bit less. But seeing one in person may change my mind. Waiting for the 10 to arrive in SF within a month.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 05:18 PM

Was at my dealer today ( for other farkles ) and they just got rid of their last '09, didn't think to ask when the 2010 would be in. The showroom was pretty much unchanged from the last time I was there ( other than the Versys being gone ) so I don't think much is moving but that's to be expected in a place where winter lasts 6 months.

Toys : 2009 Versys ( Blue ), 2006 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Needs : 2016 Mazda CX-5 ( RIP Mazda5 ), 2007 Honda Civic
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 05:18 PM

OK fellas, I've just had an epiphany!
There's been alot of ...opinions regarding our baby growing up.
I hated what Kawasaki did to 'our' bike.
I was glad I was able to get a virgin '09'.
But I've decided that the new Versys is as sharp a bike in its own right as all our 'originals' are to each and everyone of us.

Just took a look at the intro vids from europe ....again(the 'yellow' bike vids); and well, If the '09' had been sold out here in Detroit...I would have been good with the "10"s.

It's just as unique looking....but the same machine underneath.

And aesthetics a side....isn't Kawasaki showing attention to the Versys better than the alternitive?
Say...chooseing to cancel the Versys program do to lack of aceptance and/or economic reward.
Yeah, it's a bloody shame the US bike only comes in black this year (but I wonder if an industrious dealer could special order body panels??? Bet that would sell a few bikes.
I know I'd ask.....

I love my bike...just spent the last two days mostly on it. 50 degree weather will do that to a man and his bike...lol)
Nothing else like it on the road. (from main steam manufacturers) and worthy of all the praise it's received. We all know it. Spread the faith.
So welcome the New bike...
It's a sign of a bright future for the Kawasaki KLE650 Versys.
..and that as they say...is a GOOD THING.
(who knows...perhaps the "Hond-yama-suki's" of the world are listening..competition is a good thing).

PS.....The updated "10's" look Terrific! black not withstanding.
...but now I wonder what's next......

OK, I'll shut up now.

Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
If I remember correctly, it was this way last year too. It won't be long before a whole bunch of new braggart members with shiny new Versyses will be showing up, making us feel all old & crap...
HA HA HA HA HA - HAAAA HA HA HA HA HA....he he he !!!

Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 06:08 PM

I just got my V last summer, JUST before they announced that there would be a shiny new model coming out in 2010.
So when anyone at all tells me that the new one is faster, prettier, quieter, smoother, shinier, rubber mounted this and that, less vibey, more fuel efficient, gets you more respect from your homies, makes more babies cry, makes less ladies dry, etc, etc, etc., My attitude is a little something like these guys......

LALALALALALALALALALAL MY 2009 kicks ass!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F1.jpg (91.3 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg F2.jpg (12.0 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg F3.jpg (127.9 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg F4.jpg (17.1 KB, 56 views)
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-08-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
It won't be long before a whole bunch of new braggart members with shiny new Versyses will be showing up, making us feel all old & crap...
Hang on Bear, I just need another day or two

My dealer called me Friday to tell me that my ’10 had arrived & would be ready for me to pick up on Saturday... Two hours later he called back to say, “well the bike will be ready but the Title is in the mail and won’t be here till Tuesday or Wednesday.

And some people think waterboarding is torture!

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode