Broken Shifter Linkage - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Broken Shifter Linkage

So coming off I-40 onto Riverside drive this afternoon, I get close to the stoplight and go to downshift and to my surprise the toe shift lever is conveniently missing and I'm in 6th gear. Of all the rotten luck!

Apparently when I laid the bike down earlier this year I damaged the connector rod (that threaded thin rod that makes all the magic happen between the toe-shifter and the transmission). That left the toe-shifter and all its bits dangling and my foot confused.

I called the dealers here in town and nobody can get one for at least a week. *sigh*.

Of all the rotten luck. It broke at the end of the thread so my only options to get it home are tow it or go to the hardware store and grab some all-thread in that specific size (if I can find it) to limp the bike home.

So it's getting towed back to the house tonight.

Valuable lesson learned: replace EVERYTHING that gets damaged, even if is functional after the wreck. It could possibly be inconvenient later otherwise.

2009 Versys
2000 Vulcan Drifter 800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 03:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Yes that shifter linkage takes a good hit if the bike falls on the left side. I just dropped mine in my drive way and bent it up pretty good. Bent it back but I think I'll take a better look at it now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode