Oiler installed on old bike now on versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 11:55 AM
lukid
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Oiler installed on old bike now on versys

Hello gang,
For those those who know me i like to ride more the talk…
Well theres no hidden secrets, I installed a Cameleon oiler.
First of all I appreciate not having to even think about lubricating my %&?&((?$# chain, Second of all I like the idea of the light that changes colors when functioning actually looks really cool at night. Third of all cleaning is so much easier, I pass a dry towel and the tire looks like new. The high grade (190sae) oil drys while riding and doesn’t leave a mess. When it rains I oil my chain every 500km with ps-1 Bardahl.
My personal statistics:
-2002 to 2004: original chain and sprocket……….40, 000km
-2004 to 2005: EK chain and Honda sprocket……….36, 300km
-2005 to 2006: EK chain and Honda sprocket……….29, 100km
-2006 to …….: EK chain and front sprocket only……….26, 600
-July 2007….: (installation of the Cameleon oiler) I still have the same chain and sprockets and its been 44, 000km, so the numbers explain themselves……
I hit 150, 000km with my 2002 Honda VFR and I should be changing the chain and sprockets as soon as I start my vacation. Also purchased a kawa versys and installed the Cameleonon it.
In CONCLUSION, without exaggerating, from the start if I had a new chain, new sprockets with the Cameleon oiler installed on my bike, I could easy push the use of my chain and sprockets up to 100, 000km and more….
The kit comes with 250ml bottle of oil with a viscosity of 190(SAE) and when reservoir is filled I can do 7, 000km with 50ml of oil.
Again thank you Cameleon oiler for your invention.
www.cameleonoiler.com
Lukid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 01:18 PM
Member
 
hacktracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Jessup, MD
Posts: 440
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Sure looks like a spam post to me. Being a fairly new site, I assume your username here would match any others. The biggest internet forum for the VFR is vfrworld.com and you're not even a member on that site. So at this point, my crap detector is going off and I call Shenanigans!

I know some people love these things, but $200 sure buys a lot of chain lube.

Don
"ride more, worry less"
2005 Suzuki GSXR1000 (slightly bent) - Track
2000 Honda VFR800 - Street
hacktracker is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 01:37 PM
lukid
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacktracker View Post
Sure looks like a spam post to me. Being a fairly new site, I assume your username here would match any others. The biggest internet forum for the VFR is vfrworld.com and you're not even a member on that site. So at this point, my crap detector is going off and I call Shenanigans!

I know some people love these things, but $200 sure buys a lot of chain lube.
no one likes lubing thier chain. and that crap dont work worth $%?& tell me how do you know when your chain starts overheating and when does friction eat your chain. thats what this prodcut prevents, who cares about cans ull never have to buy them again one 200$ system and you save endless money on cans and chain kits.think about it really.
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 02:13 PM
Member
 
hacktracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Jessup, MD
Posts: 440
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Well,

1. I enjoy maintaining my own motorcycle, I find lubing my chain no problem at all. Plus, I have about 4 cans of chain lube that I got attending various trackdays.

2. How does anyone know (or care) when their chain is overheating? I put 27,000 miles on a 2001 Yamaha R1 and never changed the chain just lubing it every 500 miles or so.

3. I assume you have to buy the super fancy chain-lube oil, how much is that?

I've never even heard of this brand, so I assume you have some incentive for peddling it here. I have heard of the Scott's Oiler. I've never used one and since I don't ride Iron Butt rallies, I don't need one.

I assume a 650 twin with 65 horsepower puts less stress on a chain than a 1000cc Superbike, so I can assume I'll get at least 30,000 miles out of my chain. Whether my chain overheats or not (whatever that is).

Don
"ride more, worry less"
2005 Suzuki GSXR1000 (slightly bent) - Track
2000 Honda VFR800 - Street
hacktracker is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 02:24 PM
lukid
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacktracker View Post
Well,

1. I enjoy maintaining my own motorcycle, I find lubing my chain no problem at all. Plus, I have about 4 cans of chain lube that I got attending various trackdays.

2. How does anyone know (or care) when their chain is overheating? I put 27,000 miles on a 2001 Yamaha R1 and never changed the chain just lubing it every 500 miles or so.

3. I assume you have to buy the super fancy chain-lube oil, how much is that?

I've never even heard of this brand, so I assume you have some incentive for peddling it here. I have heard of the Scott's Oiler. I've never used one and since I don't ride Iron Butt rallies, I don't need one.

I assume a 650 twin with 65 horsepower puts less stress on a chain than a 1000cc Superbike, so I can assume I'll get at least 30,000 miles out of my chain. Whether my chain overheats or not (whatever that is).
When a chain has no saturation it overheats and breaks slowly into particles making your chain loose and teeth grinded to a point. With this product you gain a chain life of 80 000 km and more when installed on a new chian and sprockets.The scott oiler is a messy system using a pump to spray the chain. the cameleon uses few drops every 3 minutes keeping the chain perfectly saturated at all times.the product comes with a 250 ml bottle of oil.50ml is good for 7000km.when empty a bottle is 15$ and lasts about 2 years and more.heres my stats.

Hello gang,
For those those who know me i like to ride more the talk…
Well theres no hidden secrets, I installed a Cameleon oiler.
First of all I appreciate not having to even think about lubricating my %&?&((?$# chain, Second of all I like the idea of the light that changes colors when functioning actually looks really cool at night. Third of all cleaning is so much easier, I pass a dry towel and the tire looks like new. The high grade (190sae) oil drys while riding and doesn’t leave a mess. When it rains I oil my chain every 500km with ps-1 Bardahl.
My personal statistics:
-2002 to 2004: original chain and sprocket……….40, 000km
-2004 to 2005: EK chain and Honda sprocket……….36, 300km
-2005 to 2006: EK chain and Honda sprocket……….29, 100km
-2006 to …….: EK chain and front sprocket only……….26, 600
-July 2007….: (installation of the Cameleon oiler) I still have the same chain and sprockets and its been 44, 000km, so the numbers explain themselves……
I hit 150, 000km with my 2002 Honda VFR and I should be changing the chain and sprockets as soon as I start my vacation.
In CONCLUSION, without exaggerating, from the start if I had a new chain, new sprockets with the Cameleon oiler installed on my bike, I could easy push the use of my chain and sprockets up to 100, 000km and more….
The kit comes with 250ml bottle of oil with a viscosity of 190(SAE) and when reservoir is filled I can do 7, 000km with 50ml of oil.
Again thank you Cameleon oiler for your invention.

lukid
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Member
 
hacktracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Jessup, MD
Posts: 440
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I for one, do not know you. Are you in any way affiliated with this chain-oiler company?

It's one thing to tell people about a mod you've done; however, your post appears to be a poorly disguised advertisement for this product.

I'd like to see a pic of your VFR with 150,000 km on it. I'd also like to know what country you call home. Your last post is a copy/paste of your fist post without the kaw versys mention. So, I'm not sure you even have a Versys.

Can you see how many would interpret your only posts on this site as suspect?

Don
"ride more, worry less"
2005 Suzuki GSXR1000 (slightly bent) - Track
2000 Honda VFR800 - Street
hacktracker is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 03:16 PM
lukid
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacktracker View Post
I for one, do not know you. Are you in any way affiliated with this chain-oiler company?

It's one thing to tell people about a mod you've done; however, your post appears to be a poorly disguised advertisement for this product.

I'd like to see a pic of your VFR with 150,000 km on it. I'd also like to know what country you call home. Your last post is a copy/paste of your fist post without the kaw versys mention. So, I'm not sure you even have a Versys.

Can you see how many would interpret your only posts on this site as suspect?
i sold the vfr when i purchased my versys i have a red versys now spankin new and is a great city bike.....
i am affiliated in many ways that has nothing to do with this product. it was simply for discussion. i just didnt want to discuss it with a moderator. let the real world know about whats good.Understand man! kool go spray ur chain have fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Versys Police Bike hugerider General Discussions - V-650 23 01-12-2015 11:59 AM
DIY chain oiler Baddone Modifications - Performance - V-650 9 08-14-2009 12:22 PM
Versys as a starter bike? ovd General Discussions - V-650 24 06-05-2008 11:00 PM
My first bike, The Versys, from Tucson, AZ. Clayf Member Introductions 7 06-02-2008 11:35 AM
Why the versys is the best bike ive ever had! myorangecamaro General Discussions - V-650 3 05-24-2008 01:43 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome