Please help with windshield for Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Please help with windshield for Versys

I am new to this forum and new to road riding I just got a 09 Versys and did my 1st ride today went about 150mi and I love the bike but the windshield is not working for me at all I am 6'1" and most of the wind is hitting the lower part of my helmet beside the noise this is a big problem for me because I broke my neck a few years ago and the wind pushing on my helmet causes a lot of pain, I hate to put a big windshield on it because I want it to look kind of sporty, can any of you tell me what you have tried and liked or did not like?
I like the MRA Vario Touring Windscreen but I am afraid is will not block enough of the wind has anybody used them?

Thanks Ben
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 07:30 PM
vp7

Do a search on windshields Ben, there are more than a few threads here with lots of pics. I have the V-stream shield but I am 5'9" or so, I don't think that one would be the best choice for you.

This thread has a pretty good summary of most of the shields available, there are a few news ones now too, just keep on reading. http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ght=windshield

Moon Dust Gray Versys, with lots of farkles.

Vlast

P.S. I bought my Versys to support my photography hobby.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 07:35 PM

Ben -- I'm 5'-8" and I use the Givi windshield. I also wanted to keep a sporty look, so i kept away from the larger windshields. On the highest setting, the wind just hits the top of my helmet. Wind buffeting my head is no longer a problem. Noise much better than with the OEM shield, however, I usually use earplugs so noise was never really an issue. I really think the Givi looks better than the OEM shield. Good luck.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 07:42 PM

Thumbs up

Welcome Ben...I and a lot of other members here use the Givi...The only time the Givi doesn't work well is if you install handguards, the guards run into the shield limiting your turning radius...But for wind protection it rocks and looks great doing it IMHO...Good luck

If I new what I was doing, I wouldn't still be working
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 08:24 PM

Hi Ben,

I use a GIVI too. I am 5' 9" and like the shield, as it does keep the wind pressure off. That said, it is still noisy and I can't ride without ear plugs at all. I am sure it is partially my helmet, but with a wind shield you are always running into noise issues. The same helmet had no noise behind a naked bike and I though it was the best one I ever owned until I got the Versys. You might want to check out CalSci. Their shields don't look sporty, but they are very tall and can help with your 6' +.

Cheers

Chris
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 10:01 PM

Look at Parabellum shields. They work great for me, I'm 6' tall.

Bill
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Versys
F650GSD
FLSTSCI
XR650L
Tri Scrambler
XR50
SRX600
Zuma 125
T100R
Aero 50
EZ90
PA50
States by MC

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Thanks to everybody for your help I just ordered the Givi D405 ST should be here by the weekend, I am sure it is going to be better that the stock, cant wait to try it
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 08:08 PM

I'm also 6'1" and am thinking about Mikes touring shield, tinted. In the mean time Ben270, flip your shield upside down, the diff. is amazing.

Welcome aboard!!

Fishing and riding,doesn't get any better!!

2009 Lime green Versys
Baldwin reg. saddle w/lime grn. thread and gel insert
Hepco & Becker crash bars
Givi side carriers w/ E21's
Fenda Extenda
Motowerk foot peg lowering blocks & mirror extenders
cut tail fender
black lower panels
Mikesshields Gran Touring, clear
Alaskan Leather Pillion 1 buttpad (trip use only)
Sw-Motech 20mm riser

Versys gone..replace with Victory Hammer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode