Custom windblast fix - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Custom windblast fix

I am thinking of blocking that handlebar hole....now that cold weather is on its way, I do notice on the cold mornings a blast of cold air coming thru the handlebar hole, I was thinking about closing it off.....has anyone else done this?
If so, let us know the results with pics.
I love to ride the V, I do dress for the cold but I was thinking if I can slow down some of that airblast it can be more comfortable....know what I mean?
When and if I do this I will post pics on how I do it......just an idea, how about some feedback...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA-V View Post
I am thinking of blocking that handlebar hole....now that cold weather is on its way, I do notice on the cold mornings a blast of cold air coming thru the handlebar hole, I was thinking about closing it off.....has anyone else done this?
If so, let us know the results with pics.
I love to ride the V, I do dress for the cold but I was thinking if I can slow down some of that airblast it can be more comfortable....know what I mean?
When and if I do this I will post pics on how I do it......just an idea, how about some feedback...

I've not notice much air coming through the handlebar/fork tube hole.

On cold days, i have noticed a wind blast coming through under the handlebars, through the "side notches" in the tank fairing, blasting me in the chest, and then up into my helmet. I'm still puzzleing how to easily deflect this air blast.

I just bought a tank bag, as that might help, put have not had a chance to put it on and test it yet.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 04:09 PM

you need better clothing, for instance the scorpion xdr commander jacket and pants...bring the cold on! maybe electric gear for you? a neck warmer?

Last edited by tomla; 10-26-2009 at 04:23 PM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 09:17 AM

Oh - I have electric jacket and pant liners, they work great, when I remember to put them on. I suppose, on average... I am at a comfortable temperature, my body is at 97 degrees, and my face and head is at 38 degrees, so that averages out to about 70 degrees = perfect! ;o)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 10:26 AM

helmet neck protector

i bought a device last year that fits into the liner of the helmet and wraps around the neck keeping most of the wind out of your helmet and off the neck and shoulders (air tends to leak in through the top of the jacket). got it through parts unlimited (the big catalogue they keep in all bike shops). Theres a couple models out there on the market. mine works pretty well.

-aujax
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aujax View Post
i bought a device last year that fits into the liner of the helmet and wraps around the neck keeping most of the wind out of your helmet and off the neck and shoulders (air tends to leak in through the top of the jacket). got it through parts unlimited (the big catalogue they keep in all bike shops). Theres a couple models out there on the market. mine works pretty well.

-aujax
Wow - they have a lot of choices in their "Snow" online catalog.

Which one did you buy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode