How to embed photos: Help - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Red face How to embed photos instead of uploading: Help

OK, I know there is a way to embed photos instead of uploading jpg files in a post, but I don't know how to do it. Yep, a few of you have told me how, bit my computer exploded last week and I lost it all. I know there are threads telling how to, but did a search and can't find it
Thanks all

If I new what I was doing, I wouldn't still be working

Last edited by contractor; 10-25-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 02:24 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
When one doesn't work, I use the other. Unselect "Include details" once you've uploded a photo in Image Shack...
http://imageshack.us/index.php
http://host.fotki.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
here's how to get pictures to work in this and most forums.

First, the picture needs to be on a web site like photobucket.com or Smugmug.com. If you try to
copy it from your hard drive, it won't work. Photobucket is free & fairly easy to use. When you
upload pictures, please resize them to 640x480 so they fit properly on a web forum.

Like this:

Second, the easiest way is to copy the "IMG Code" box, then right click "paste" the link into your reply box.

Like this:

Then this:

That's all there is to it!

Of course, it's always a good idea to hit the "Preview Message" button & review your post before you hit the
"Submit" button. That gives you a chance to edit your post before you put it up for all to see & critique...

Last edited by invader; 10-25-2009 at 03:04 AM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 06:46 AM

Hi Contractor,

Using photobucket. For more than one picture to upload, using the bulk uploader function.

Also learned to use photobucket from the replies posted from the thread posted in the forum. A1 people here...

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 01:40 PM

For $25 a year you can get a Pro Account at Photobucket. That way you dont have to see all the ads that pop up. I hate ads.

And you get more storage space as well.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Super Thanks All

Thanks, Invader, Stlee, siyeh and Bear (for doing the original post)...Jeez that sure makes it easy compared to the dopey upload thing I used to do
And you are right, siyeh, those ads are brutal...

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 05:03 PM

imageshack works for me.

after loading a pic, use the "hotlink for forums (1)", click to leave off details is what I do.

"If everything seems to be under control, you're not going fast enough."
Mario Andretti
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 06:22 PM

I use flickr to host my images. I use fire fox as my browser which make getting the image address much easier. If you want I can describe my method.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 06:46 PM
vp7

If you use Picasa, that works very well as well, and if you upload the images to the 1600 size they will be the perfect size for most forums, sometimes you may want them a bit bigger. And the image link is right beside the pictures.

Moon Dust Gray Versys, with lots of farkles.

Vlast

P.S. I bought my Versys to support my photography hobby.

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 06:58 PM

I put this together for some others who were having a problem. I like Photobucket, free and works great.

1/ You have to down-size photos (most digital cameras even at the lowest resolution, violate the photo size limit on the forum).
2/ Go to www.photobucket.com upload your photos individually or use the bulk load feature
3/ Once loaded in PB select "max image size" and choose 640x480
4/ When your pictures are loaded in PB you'll see 4 choices below them, select the 4th, "IMG Code" click it-it automatically copy's your picture ready for pasting
5/ Go to New topic or Reply in the forum and click paste, you should see this;
6/ Check in Preview to make sure it happened-you are done

Machog

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-26-2009, 02:13 AM Thread Starter

Thanks All

Can't believe I've been screwing around uploading pics for a year...You all have brought this boy into the 21st century
I used Photobucket today to post pics of the T's I had made up...Worked like a charm and hell didn't even drop my cigar in the ol laperooo....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode