First riding video - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
First riding video

I made my first riding video yesterday and thought it turned out pretty good. I mounted the camera on the front fork. The ride starts about 15 miles out from my house and I make my way back. There are some nice twisty and hilly spots especially between the around 7-8 minutes in....I feel fortunate to be so close to nice spots for riding. The quality is okay through YouTube but much better on my computer....see what you think

http://youtu.be/bL8FXiJKTC0
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 03:15 PM

Looks like one of those laid back summertime riding days. Love it.

I left home today on a good ride with my GoPro. Only to discover that it had a message "SD Error" and it did not record a second of video all day.

So "2 thumbs up" for just capturing a recording.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 03:55 PM

Looks like a very nice road to ride on! Nice and smooth with lots of turns.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjb41 View Post
Looks like a very nice road to ride on! Nice and smooth with lots of turns.
Yes I am spoiled there are lots of roads just like that one literally out my front door....people in cars don't know what they are missing

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 05:55 PM

Nice quality video! Looks like a fine setup. I only watched a minute or so, I just don't get into watching folks ride videos unless something unusual happens.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-07-2014, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DA NXS View Post
Yes I am spoiled there are lots of roads just like that one literally out my front door....people in cars don't know what they are missing

Very lucky to have that. I have to ride about 1 1/2 hours to get to any decent riding, it really sucks.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 07:54 AM
MTS

Well done!

CCW

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by onewizard; 10-03-2018 at 06:45 PM.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

I think the videos I make this riding season will get me through the winter

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 05:28 PM

Garage
I liked the video, but all I was wondering about was "gee, it seems like it took him an awful long time to go from 0 to 3rd gear at the start"...

On the other hand, I'm only getting in the low 40MPGs on my bike, so maybe it because I get to third gear so quickly

'18 Versys V1K
'09 Versys 650
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
I made my first riding video yesterday and thought it turned out pretty good. I mounted the camera on the front fork. The ride starts about 15 miles out from my house and I make my way back. There are some nice twisty and hilly spots especially between the around 7-8 minutes in....I feel fortunate to be so close to nice spots for riding. The quality is okay through YouTube but much better on my computer....see what you think

http://youtu.be/bL8FXiJKTC0
What a great video. Can you show a picture on how you mounted the camera on the front fork?
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBuck View Post
What a great video. Can you show a picture on how you mounted the camera on the front fork?

Heres how i did mine with a Ram Strap Mount.... Heres the view...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NzTWnQ_u5o

IMG_0178 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0177 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0176 by weljo2001, on Flickr

IMG_0175 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein

Last edited by weljo2001; 05-09-2014 at 12:14 PM.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Heres how i did mine with a Ram Strap Mount....
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Weljo laid out the basic design and I just adapted it for a GoPro3. Everything can be found on amazon but this is the description of the strap for the forks

RAM Rail Base with Zinc Coated U-Bolt, ATV/UTV Strap & 1"" Ball

You would also need a 1" ball for the camera and the two sided mount and you will be set....hope that helps and we both owe Weljo a virtual beer!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1399659615446.jpg (25.5 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg 1399659626943.jpg (30.4 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg 1399659642115.jpg (30.7 KB, 37 views)
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Weljo laid out the basic design and I just adapted it for a GoPro3. Everything can be found on amazon but this is the description of the strap for the forks

You would also need a 1" ball for the camera and the two sided mount and you will be set....hope that helps and we both owe Weljo a virtual beer!

Sweet Tea with Lemon is my drink of Choice...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Sweet Tea with Lemon is my drink of Choice...
Sweet Tea it is then...Thanks!

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-10-2014, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

I got around to uploading another video from that same day. It is actually the second half of my ride out to where the other video starts....groundhogs almost became speed bumps

http://youtu.be/gf3RxKTruu4

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 08:37 AM

Quote:

Thank guys for all your help. My kids are asking me what I want for father's day. I can tell them I have my present picked out: Go Pro 3 and mounting.

UB
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Thank guys for all your help. My kids are asking me what I want for father's day. I can tell them I have my present picked out: Go Pro 3 and mounting.

UB

You might want to check out the Drift Cameras. Much more user friendly and you don't have to spend a small fortune on accessories. I'm using 2 Drift Ghost now on the bike. I keep a couple of older Stealth HD170 for spares. They now have the Drift Ghost S out.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
You might want to check out the Drift Cameras. Much more user friendly and you don't have to spend a small fortune on accessories. I'm using 2 Drift Ghost now on the bike. I keep a couple of older Stealth HD170 for spares. They now have the Drift Ghost S out.
Do you have any issues with the Drift Ghost sound quality? I've read about the Ghost's build quality, video and battery life. The Con on them is the audio.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-14-2014, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Do you have any issues with the Drift Ghost sound quality? I've read about the Ghost's build quality, video and battery life. The Con on them is the audio.

I bought 2 Drift Mic's with mine no issues at all i set the mic volume on the middle setting with the mic secured in the chin bar of the helmet. The only thing i've lost the mic sock off once but that was my fault. Pick up a 4 pack of lapel mic socks at radio shack and secured it on with a small zip tie . Heres a video with me talking so you can see that theres no problem ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4Sg_4BIb1U

I bought a GoPro in 2010 and hated it sold it while i was in Puerto Rico. Since then i'm on my 5th Drift. One in the car and i can put 4 on the bike. I keep it down to 2 on the bike these days just too much footage to go through with 4.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode