Purolator PL14612 PureONE Oil Filter (Pack of 2) - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 01:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Purolator PL14612 PureONE Oil Filter (Pack of 2)

I was looking for Purolator PL14612 PureONE Oil Filter and i found on amazon.com for $9.48 for two Filters

Purolator PL14612 PureONE Oil Filter (Pack of 2)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 12:24 PM

You can get an excellent filter, either the long or the short from Wally world.
WalMart SuperTech ST6607 2.5"
WalMart SuperTech ST7317 3.25"
They sell for about $2.90 I think. I've used about half a dozen on my machine that's got over 21kmiles on it, changing them about every 3000miles.

Machog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 04:05 PM

I second the Wally World filters, my only regret is the moral quagmire of buying from that particular establishment.

Last edited by Chicken Little; 10-25-2009 at 04:07 PM.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Little View Post
I second the Wally World filters, my only regret is the moral quagmire of buying from that particular establishment.
+1 Chicken Little. I use PL14610 from a chain auto parts and they are 6 bucks.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

With amazon you buy 6 filters for $29.80 and get free shipping and no tax that's less then 5 bucks on a filter per oil change. You won't have to buy filters until 21K on your versys
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

I just bought 2 filters @ walmart for a little over $5 & I didn't have to wait for them to be shipped to my house...

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbark View Post
With amazon you buy 6 filters for $29.80 and get free shipping and no tax that's less then 5 bucks on a filter per oil change. You won't have to buy filters until 21K on your versys
How often are you changing your oil/filter? The manual says you can do it every 7,500 miles...

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

I have not read the manual on services , I had a aprillia scarabeo and i changed the oil every 3K because i rode it hard and i am 325lbs so i put some stress on the engine

As far as my versys i am due for the 600 mile break in oil change if the manual on the versys says 7500 miles than you would have enough filters until you reach 45,000 miles.

Here is another question if you buy a case of oil and only use 2 quarts for the versys how long can you keep oil stored in there plastic bottle?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 11:12 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Technically, engine oils have shelf lives of four to five years in a sealed container. The main factor affecting the life of the oil is the storage condition for the products. Store lubricants in a cool, clean and dry indoor area. The ideal storage temperature is between 45F and 80F and at a temperature that does not fluctuate significantly. Common signs of improper storage or contamination of a lubricant may include layering within the fluid, formation of solid particles, and color change or hazy appearance.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by razinell View Post
How often are you changing your oil/filter? The manual says you can do it every 7,500 miles...

7,500 miles is ridiculous, IMHO. I would never go more than 4k without an oil change, especially in an engine that only holds 2 quarts. My plan is to change mine as soon as I get it home from the dealer (about 50 miles), then again at 600 miles, then every 3k from then on.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Technically, engine oils have shelf lives of four to five years in a sealed container. The main factor affecting the life of the oil is the storage condition for the products. Store lubricants in a cool, clean and dry indoor area. The ideal storage temperature is between 45F and 80F and at a temperature that does not fluctuate significantly. Common signs of improper storage or contamination of a lubricant may include layering within the fluid, formation of solid particles, and color change or hazy appearance.
Invader would this be for conventional oil or synthetic as well?
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
I'm thinking that oil has been in the ground for millions of years, a few more won't make a difference.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 09:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by blipco View Post
I'm thinking that oil has been in the ground for millions of years, a few more won't make a difference.
There's a big difference between crude oil and the refined products.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respen View Post
There's a big difference between crude oil and the refined products.
The refined products are still based on the original. I'll admit, this adds a new twist to the usual oil thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode