New Sport Tourer from Honda - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New Sport Tourer from Honda

http://www.autoblog.com/gallery/2010-honda-vfr-1200f/#6

172 hp VFR 1200

My Album:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 12:15 PM

Yeap they are supposed to replace the ST1300 with a version of that bike as well. I cant wait to see it in real life. Its about time Honda did something with the little VFR motor to get it on par with the current offerings from the other manufacturers.

ST1300, Versys, SV650S
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 01:05 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to rponiarski
Quote:
Originally Posted by gti20vturbo View Post
Yeap they are supposed to replace the ST1300 with a version of that bike as well. I cant wait to see it in real life. Its about time Honda did something with the little VFR motor to get it on par with the current offerings from the other manufacturers.
That's what it looks like, though the ST had a pretty different audience than the VFR, more like the FJR Yamaha or Concours 14 that say an FZ1 Yammie, which is similar to the VFR.

Might just be they are consolidating for financial reasons and telling everyone something else so as not to scare the buyers away...

Richard M. Poniarski
'09 Kawasaki Versys
AMA#: 674623
ROK #: 100024905
Everybody is entitled to the reality of their own choosing...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 01:25 PM

The ST had engine heat issues to the rider's legs. I hope they took the Yamaha FJR engineering route and engineered a cooler ****-pit for the rider.

I'll have to admit, it is an eye-catching machine! Love that single side arm shaft drive.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 01:52 PM
FJS

Thumbs down

Seems like todays' manufacturers are going with the love it or hate it theme. I personally think that thing is fugly, like they mated the fireblade with the old vfr and made it sort of transformerish. From the looks of those pics, the riding position for a "sport tourer" seems to be a little too compromised and let's not forgett that silencer, jideous!

If they actually make this thing, I bet that the price to join the fugly club would be quite high as it seems that the japanese manufacturers are trying to compete with the euro market not only in looks but price as well on the larger models.

I had already read a little about it on asphalt & rubber but had only one pic and from the front and eally couldn't see it as I did now

My 2 cts.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Look at the photo of the couple on it; the riding positions of the passenger and rider are very close to that of the V, maybe the bars are slightly lower. With 172 hp, that dude is going to lose his lady off the back!

My Album:
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRanger View Post
The ST had engine heat issues to the rider's legs..
My old Concours had way more heat hit your legs than my ST. In fact on a hot day the ST isn’t much hotter than the Versys in stop and go traffic. Underway the hot air blasting from the right side of the Versys radiator is way hotter than anything I have experienced on my ST.

Having said that I did read that they have given a lot of engineering thought to a “cooler” cockpit on this new VFR.

I want to see what the ST version is going to look like. The VFR version is a little to much sport for a decent two up machine for me and my wife. If they putt a slightly taller shield, bags and higher bars I will buy one. Hell I may just wait and see how badly the automatic version sells and pick one up discounted.

ST1300, Versys, SV650S
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 06:23 PM

It's not 2032 yet. I guess love it or hate it
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 06:51 PM

I think it's pretty awesome. And I'm sure there will be plenty of aftermarket stuff to make it into a comfortable touring machine. Bar risers come to mind, along with luggage, a taller windscreen etc. This thing just might be a big hit!

Jeff in Illinois
07 Bandit
03 KLR
82 Rokon
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 06:53 PM

Stupid looking thing! Did they hire away all the old designers from BMW?
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJS View Post
Seems like todays' manufacturers are going with the love it or hate it theme. I personally think that thing is fugly,
And the Versys is sleeping beauty? It too has its fugly qualities. But it is fast and a joy to ride.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gti20vturbo View Post
My old Concours had way more heat hit your legs than my ST. In fact on a hot day the ST isn’t much hotter than the Versys in stop and go traffic. Underway the hot air blasting from the right side of the Versys radiator is way hotter than anything I have experienced on my ST.

Having said that I did read that they have given a lot of engineering thought to a “cooler” cockpit on this new VFR.

I want to see what the ST version is going to look like. The VFR version is a little to much sport for a decent two up machine for me and my wife. If they putt a slightly taller shield, bags and higher bars I will buy one. Hell I may just wait and see how badly the automatic version sells and pick one up discounted.
Automatics have a selling problem. You can still get a new automatic FJR that is 2 years old from dealers.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 07:57 PM
FJS

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRanger View Post
And the Versys is sleeping beauty? It too has its fugly qualities. But it is fast and a joy to ride.

Good one, thing is the only possible fugly I see on the V is that front light but it grows on ya after awhile. It's just that love or hate thing is growing fast and that thing IS fugly, maybe if made it could be different in person as I found out with the Aprilia RSV4 Factory when I saw it in person. I too had my doubts about that bike but in person, she's real perty (looks a lot like the RC212V).

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 10:30 PM

I would describe the style as art-deco meet the transformers.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 09:44 AM

I think it is styled similarly to the Victory Vision.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 11:48 AM
FJS

Seems like they shared the designer
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 05:48 PM

Omg!!

This thing is Hideous! That has to be the most uncomfortable looking sport tour I have seen. I just looked at the fairing and Exhaust. Excuse me while I go Vomit!
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 06:04 PM

Looks like something an old man would ride.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 06:09 PM

I really liked the last VFR, but this thing really didn't go the same way styling wise.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 11:34 AM

It pretty much has the ZX14 and Busa in its sites. They should post pics of the rear end more. Thats the view most people will have (just under 180hp I think).

ST1300, Versys, SV650S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode