How big of a top case? - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
How big of a top case?

I am hoping to add a Givi 47L Top case, has anyone successfully fitted one? Are there any physical limits to how big I can go? (Bike already has SW Motec pannier racks with Givi 21 cases, or I'd be going with happy trails.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 01:15 PM

There is no limit on size. You can fit any Givi you want. I have an E360, V46 and E50. All work well on the Kawasaki/SWMotech racks with a universal plate.

V46:

Gustavo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by up2nogood22 View Post
I am hoping to add a Givi 47L Top case, has anyone successfully fitted one? Are there any physical limits to how big I can go? (Bike already has SW Motec pannier racks with Givi 21 cases, or I'd be going with happy trails.

Thanks,
Here's mine with Givi E470 and E21 with SW Motech racks. Check out the show us your bags thread.

Tony
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20091005_02_VersysRearGiviE470_GiviE21.jpg (33.2 KB, 440 views)

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 02:45 PM

I don't think there is a limit on what size top box you can fit. there is however a limit on how much weight you can stuff in a top box. in the Givi range the cheapo monolock can carry less than the monokey. hwoever thats no tthe only limit, theres alos a limit on the rack, and I've heard tales of the OEM rack giving way on a weld, thought to be becuase the rack was overloaded.

IIRC a givi monolock top box is rated to carry around 3..5Kg, whereas the monokey is 5..10kg
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 03:52 PM

I have e21's and the v46 verry happy with the combo. the v 46 fits my full face helmet and joe rocket jacket. the sides hold the pants and riding boots/gloves. tried the 52..just looked to big on the rear imop.

if it were easy....everyone would do it!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Good Feedback. Much appreciated! Any thoughts/experience with the Coocase from Twisted Throttle?
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 12:12 AM

So has anyone tried the Coocase S48 Astra topcase? If so, would you please post pictures? I haven't found any with this top case. It's either this one or the V36 for me. Hopefully I will order this week.. Thanks!

09 Versys
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 12:24 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Not a fan of back case as it sticks out. is there anyway to have the back case on the passager seat. any standard fitting in the market for this mode.

Presently with Tail bag, but need back case for long tour.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 03:38 AM

The only cases i have seen for the back seat are usually soft cases. But even they can be spacious and water resistant. I cannot have those of course because I have to swing my leg over and would constantly hit it.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 04:27 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Yeap!. Got to agree with you on leg swing. even with my Tail bag cant swing leg over. Need to cross over the seat. but do we have a choice as bikers.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Versys View Post
So has anyone tried the Coocase S48 Astra topcase? If so, would you please post pictures? I haven't found any with this top case. It's either this one or the V36 for me. Hopefully I will order this week.. Thanks!
He is the Coocase S48 Astra..

2002 BMW R1150RT Titan Silver
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 06:56 AM

I have an E52 that I use daily. Like healdem says, you real concern should be weight. Volume should be whatever you need to carry you stuff, but don't overload it. Also remember where that weight is! It is up high and behind the rear wheel. If you have heavy stuff to carry you might want to consider side cases, as they are lower and pretty much centered over the rear axle.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 07:00 AM

I was actually surprised at the weight limits, they are pretty low.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 09:57 AM

Had a E52 before. Nicely fits 2 helmet. Like mentioned, not meant for heavy loads. Looks nice with it's rear LEDs.

Hamie, nice setup

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 08:19 PM

[QUOTE=Hamie;84767]He is the Coocase S48 Astra..

Thanks for posting the pics Hamie Very nice setup.

09 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode