No 3 23.08%
Maybe 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Versys for rent in San Francisco

Hi all,

I hope you guys don't mind my post here. My intention is not to spam but since we are probably the only motorcycle rental company in the USA that has a Versys in our rental fleet, I just want to make you guys aware that you now have a place where you can try before you buy if you are considering buying one of these awesome bikes. These bikes are hot, our Tucker Rocky rep nearly flipped when he showed up yesterday and saw the new Versys on the floor. He had a chance to ride one when he was on a business trip in Germany and is planning on buying one himself, maybe to replace his V-Strom. I will keep you guys posted as the mileage racks up on the bike and if there are any issues I will keep you guys up to date.

Our Company is Thunder Road Motorsports, our web site is www.TheThunderRoad.com. We are in San Francisco and we are open 7 days 8:00 am to 6:00 PM. Feel free to call me toll free at 888 400-THUNDER (8486) if you have any questions. Ride Safe!

Regards,

Michael McIntyre
Owner
Thunder Road Motorsports
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Road View Post
Hi all,

I hope you guys don't mind my post here. My intention is not to spam but since we are probably the only motorcycle rental company in the USA that has a Versys in our rental fleet, I just want to make you guys aware that you now have a place where you can try before you buy if you are considering buying one of these awesome bikes. These bikes are hot, our Tucker Rocky rep nearly flipped when he showed up yesterday and saw the new Versys on the floor. He had a chance to ride one when he was on a business trip in Germany and is planning on buying one himself, maybe to replace his V-Strom. I will keep you guys posted as the mileage racks up on the bike and if there are any issues I will keep you guys up to date.

Our Company is Thunder Road Motorsports, our web site is www.TheThunderRoad.com. We are in San Francisco and we are open 7 days 8:00 am to 6:00 PM. Feel free to call me toll free at 888 400-THUNDER (8486) if you have any questions. Ride Safe!

Regards,

Michael McIntyre
Owner
Thunder Road Motorsports
Hi there,

I am just amaze... Versys is not even available for sale here in california but you guys have it for rental

What model year is your versys? What color? Can I buy one from you?

Thanks.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 10:14 PM

I have a friend coming up that way for the races in Laguna Seca. He's been talking about renting a Harley for that weekend (as it's all he can find). I'll send him your info. He had nothing but good things to say about mine after he rode it this last weekend.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 12:20 AM

The only reason I voted 'no' was because I already own one. If I didn't own one, then yes!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAVersys View Post
Hi there,

I am just amaze... Versys is not even available for sale here in california but you guys have it for rental

What model year is your versys? What color? Can I buy one from you?

Thanks.
I would be willing to bet it's registered to an out of state office.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 02:48 AM Thread Starter

The bike is a new 2008 model in red. We can not sell these bikes to California residents until they have 7500 miles on them. Yes, the bike will be registered to our other office in Portland Oregon and will have Oregon plates.

Michael
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 02:51 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, send him our way! FYI we have a large selection of bikes (both Harley and Metric) still available for Laguna Seca weekend!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 01:16 PM

Damn!!

I was just in SF last Sunday through Wednesday. Had I known about this, I would have found you and rented the bike on the spot!!

Good on you for being willing to take a chance on a bike like this and add it to your rental fleet. I will still vote a definite yes.

~Mike

Future Versys owner in 3...2...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvoelsch View Post
The only reason I voted 'no' was because I already own one. If I didn't own one, then yes!
This.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 09:53 AM

I live in Wisconsin and own a Versys. I sometimes do business out in S.F., and rent a bike while I'm out there. Renting a Versys would be my first choice. We need a better seat though. I just did a 400 mile ride yesterday, and I was sore!

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode