For a country averaging 200 days wet days out of 365.24, we see a lot of rain. Some points to share:
1. Drop your tyre pressure 1-2 psi from normal. Let's the tyre feel the road.
2. Be smooth on the throttle. Slow, Look, Lean and Roll at corners.
3, Be smooth on the brake.
4. Wear protective,waterproof and visible riding gear.
5. Avoid painted lines on the road, they're slippery when wet.
6. Avoid puddles for they can aquaplane the bike.
7. Spray Rain-x on your visor and windscreen.
8. Try not be stiff on the bike, be cool and alert.
9. Fix additional lighting (ex.fog light) to be more noticed by others.
But, like you mentioned, the Best would be avoid it (the rain).