MikesShields factory update - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
MikesShields factory update

First off I would like to apologize for the delay some of you are experiencing with your windshield orders. I was sent out of town for a week and when I returned I learned the escrow on our house finally closed after a 30 day delay and we had all of four days to get completely moved from our old location. We pretty much had been living out of boxes and suitcases for the last month so production was VERY slow. I was able to make and ship some orders but I eventually became overwhelmed and in retrospect should have shut down the website. I actually did shut down the site for a few days but then the escrow was delayed AGAIN so I opened it back up. Getting a loan for a mortgage is really a tough road right now. Also I have not had internet connectivity for almost two weeks now and checked my mail when I could at work.

Anyway we are moved and I will start making and shipping orders again this week. My plan is to get 100% caught up this week which should be possible as my new “shop facility” is huge compared to my old garage and should allow faster build times. Again I apologize for the delay and am really sorry for the inconvenience. If you want a refund I understand and is this is the case please send me an email along with your order date and I will shoot you a refund ASAP.

ST1300, Versys, SV650S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 05:15 PM

Thanks for the update Mike! I have been considering one of your shields. I have the Multivario touring shield right now, and cannot get rid of the turbulence on my helmet. I am not looking for a barn door, but something that will leave my helmet in clean air. I am 5'10". Do you think the sport shield will fit the bill?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 05:31 PM

Same ? as Lorazepam only I'm 6 feet tall.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

The odd thing is, for people around our height (5'10" to 6') I have had many people say it works great and two or three say they wish it were a little taller. For me it works good mounted in the top holes. I do not get any buffeting but the wind noise at the top of my helmet seems louder. I’m not sure if it is louder or if its more noticeable because all other areas of the helmet are quiet?

One thing you could try (if its not perfect) is to shim the top of the bottom out a little to change the angle the wind hits it. I haven’t tried it because it works for me but maybe others have? During various shield testing I have noticed that shields with round tops tend to create more helmet buffeting than those with a slight dip in the middle or a flat top. Possibly just altering the top may help?

ST1300, Versys, SV650S

Last edited by gti20vturbo; 09-14-2009 at 06:12 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 01:31 AM

Thanks for the reply. As soon as the budget allows, I will order one of your sport shields.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 08:49 AM

Hey Thanks for the update Mike! Goodluck with getting it all together man, sounds rough.. Do you have an idea to when I could expect the shield I ordered?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 08:22 PM

Hey Mike, any idea on when I might receive my Grand Touring shield?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode