Givi V35 side cases - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Givi V35 side cases

I know this question has been asked before but I haven't had any luck in my searches. The question I have is does anyone with the Givi v35 side cases have any problem fitting a small or medium sized full face helmet in the side bags. The description for the bags state that some helmets won't fit. I have a small Aria full face helmet.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 09:30 PM
THR

Hi headbasher99t, one thing for sure, V35 won't fit my caberg justissimo GT in it...
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 09:32 PM

My "large" HJC Sy-MAX II helmet does not fit into the V-35 case. No way to close the lid without forcing the hinges and damaging the case. Whether or not a smaller helmet will fit I cant tell.
On the other hand, my helmet fits easily with room to spare in a top case I use, a GIVI- 470.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 10:09 PM

My HJC CS-R1 Helmet fit my V35

My HJC CS-R1 Helmet fits in my Givi V35 hard cases.

• Black Firstgear Mesh-Tex 2.0 Pants + Y/B Fieldsheer Air Tour Mesh Jacket + N/S Deluxe All Season Cover X-Large + Evolution 4 Disc Lock

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 10:11 PM

My HJC CS-R1 Helmet fit my V35

My XL HJC CS-R1 Helmet fits in my Givi V35 hard cases.

• Black Firstgear Mesh-Tex 2.0 Pants + Y/B Fieldsheer Air Tour Mesh Jacket + N/S Deluxe All Season Cover X-Large + Evolution 4 Disc Lock

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 02:56 AM

short of you finding someone with the same lid I don't think you will find a definitive answer to this apart form trying your lid in a V35. some lids fit, some don't.

might be worthwhile trying to find out if there is someone near you (say within 150 miles or so, any excuse for a ride ) who has the panniers and arrange a meetup, assuming of course you can't find a dealer nearby.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 03:33 AM

My large Shoei RF1000 fits, but it has to be placed just so. Visor open and facing forward, I position the helmet on its side towards the back of the bag. There's a place where it just snugs right into the bag and is actually sort of held there. The bag then closes perfectly, no forcing. My old Shoei, which was larger (I forget the model), also fit, so I'm surprised that other folks are having trouble getting their lids to fit. To me this is one of the huge benefits of hard luggage: being able to park the bike and leave my gear, secure in the knowledge my $500 helmet will be there when I get back.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 09:34 AM

My Scorpion EXO 7 fits fine if put in such a way.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the input, I think I'm going to have to go with Headlem advice and go to a dealer and see if my helmet will fit before I drop $700 bucks on a rack and bags.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 08:11 PM

Headbasher, I see youn live in Pgh. So do I. I could meet you at one of the Quaker steak bike nites, and you can see if the glass slipper fits.

Jeff
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 08:58 AM

I have never actually tried to put a helmet into a V35 as I usually have enough in the bag that the helmet wouldn't fit anyway. In the WA state area, you seldom travel without rain gear unless you don't mind getting wet on occasion.

What has worked for me for years, and several different m/c's, is to use a cable from the frame to a separate helmet lock mounted on the bag. The lock (I used a early 80's Honda helmet lock from my box of odds and ends) is mounted with a fair sized piece of flat metal inside the bag for support.

If it's already raining all bets are off and the helmet gets carried with me.

Frog
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 07:56 AM Thread Starter

Mountain Man thanks for the invite but once I pulled my head out of my ass I realized that the kawy dealer by me had a versys with the bags on it so I just went up there. Thanks again for the invite and to everyone else for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode