Dealership closed....... - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 05:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Dealership closed.......

Found out my dealership closed? They called everbody on labor day and told them they no longer had a job. I had gotten to know all the staff ,from parts to service, you could not have asked for better people to work with!! There is another______Powersports in town and they are taking over the Kawasaki and store stock( currently sell Victory and KTM) but probably not all the fine employees. At least I won't have to drive out of town for service!
I just hope we all can continue to keep our jobs in todays economy and say a prayer for those and their families in our bike world that just lost theirs!
Best wishes and good luck Columbia Powersports staff!!! Thanks for all you did for us here in Missouri!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

Sad news when a good dealer goes under. There aren't enough of them around as it is. Good on you for pointing this out & sending good wishes.

Nice post!

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Yea, I felt a big gulp in my throat when I heard. Went out to the "New" dealership today, they aren't really sure what's up. Guess I'll have to wait a couple of weeks before all settles. I didn't stick around to long, they also carry Ducacati's, didn't want one talking to me like the Versys did.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 12:56 PM

I don't know why this thread reminded of this but here goes. I bought my first motorcycle in 1971 in a small town in NW Indiana. It was a small white stucco building on "Red Arrow Highway" which was a main road back then (been by-passed for many years now). I have lived a thousand miles away from there for over 20 years now. Over the years when I have been back in that area I go by there just to visit! The dealer closed about 10 years after I bought my bike there and the building sat empty for a long time and the last time I went by there it was torn down and gone! Sniff!! It was a place where I first got what has made me so happy all my life and I don't want to let it go. I thought this post would sound weird and it does!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versysbob View Post
I don't know why this thread reminded of this but here goes. I bought my first motorcycle in 1971 in a small town in NW Indiana. It was a small white stucco building on "Red Arrow Highway" which was a main road back then (been by-passed for many years now). I have lived a thousand miles away from there for over 20 years now. Over the years when I have been back in that area I go by there just to visit! The dealer closed about 10 years after I bought my bike there and the building sat empty for a long time and the last time I went by there it was torn down and gone! Sniff!! It was a place where I first got what has made me so happy all my life and I don't want to let it go. I thought this post would sound weird and it does!
Did you ever go to Expert motorcycles over in Hobart? They've been in business since the 1950s. The owner and his son are friends of mine. They still have a great Christmas party every year for their customers and friends.

10 Duc Streetfighter S (black)
09 Versys
00 KLR
67 Triumph Bonneville TT Special
USN 1959-65
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Thats the way I felt about my dealership Versysbob. I had really enjoyed just hanging out there! I did find out today that one of the employees that kept me going to them has gone over with the Kaws. to the new dealership. My V sighed a breath of relief. I know it will be taken care of now. By the way Versysbob, any more of those sweet KMW decals left?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-15-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy49 View Post
Found out my dealership closed? They called everbody on labor day and told them they no longer had a job. I had gotten to know all the staff ,from parts to service, you could not have asked for better people to work with!! There is another______Powersports in town and they are taking over the Kawasaki and store stock( currently sell Victory and KTM) but probably not all the fine employees. At least I won't have to drive out of town for service!
I just hope we all can continue to keep our jobs in todays economy and say a prayer for those and their families in our bike world that just lost theirs!
Best wishes and good luck Columbia Powersports staff!!! Thanks for all you did for us here in Missouri!!
Wow- Im in columbia on buisiness for a few days and I noticed that dealer looked pretty vacant for a tuesday! That sucks I was gonna stop by tomooorow!

2008 Versys
Muzzy Exhaust-race core!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Upgraded Kawi Windshield
Madstadd Bracket
Fiamm 132 db low note horn
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Osram Hyper 65 h7 lights

Kawi/Givi V35 Bags
Shad SH-29 Top Case
SW-Motech Quick release Brackets
Sw-Motech Alu-Rack
Garmin GPSMap 60csx

Joe Rocket Manta Tankbag-Red
Kawi Tank Protector
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttpete View Post
Did you ever go to Expert motorcycles over in Hobart? They've been in business since the 1950s. The owner and his son are friends of mine. They still have a great Christmas party every year for their customers and friends.
Yes I think I stopped by there some years ago but don't remember much about it. Rode that area a lot when I lived back there. The store I bought from was a Yamaha dealer in Porter, IN at the intersection of RT49 and Hwy 20 ( Red Arrow Hwy). Right across from the big Ind. State Police building that I think was closed last time I was back there.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy49 View Post
Thats the way I felt about my dealership Versysbob. I had really enjoyed just hanging out there! I did find out today that one of the employees that kept me going to them has gone over with the Kaws. to the new dealership. My V sighed a breath of relief. I know it will be taken care of now. By the way Versysbob, any more of those sweet KMW decals left?
I don't have any of the decals myself but I'll PM you with the email address of the guy who makes them.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode