Goin' to Daytona tomorrow (Bike week) - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2014, 06:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Goin' to Daytona tomorrow (Bike week)

Taking my 10 year old girl with me. I live about 2 hours drive away, just going for the fun of it and seeing what's out there. I'll post pics later for all in the frozen North
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (94.3 KB, 75 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-08-2014, 09:04 PM

Thats interesting!

I was wondering why I kept seeing a bunch of Harley Davidsons on trailers heading south.

Cheers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by angst View Post
I was wondering why I kept seeing a bunch of Harley Davidsons on trailers heading south.
Kinda like when Sturgis is happening: all kinds of RVs w/ trailers camped a few miles from Sturgis so the H-D faithful can ride in....

On the other hand, a couple of my friends rode THEIR H-Ds down from Edmonton, Alberta to Sturgis when THEY went...!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 01:22 PM

Lots more than Hardley as Daytona. It is easy to do test rides early in the week.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Just got back

This was my favorite chopper there. Major change from last year- I believe every major motorcycle manufacturer was there. Last year only two. Indian had a big display an hired young hotties in tight leather pants to pass out literature. Did not take pics of that 'cause I don't want to sleep outside tonight. Ridiculous 21" wheels were everywhere, I don't even know what that would ride like. Did not see another Versys the whole day-I kinda like that. 77 degrees. My favorite person's company (daughter) on my motorcycle all day. Doesn't get any better than this!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (118.0 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (90.6 KB, 52 views)
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 06:46 PM

Was that you I saw on CR48 in Astatula heading toward 561? Anywho, I saw a bike just like yours following 3 Harleys right around 3:30 or so.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Yup! And that one guy to my left was riding a bike with an antique plate, wasn't a harley or Indian. I was tryin' to get a look at it-had a weird pully thing off to the left of the rear tire-but he turned right.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 07:42 PM

Ha! Small World. I'm embarrassed to say, I was on my way to Mount Dora Park with the family in a mini-van. All I kept saying to my wife was, "I think he's on the forum". It was a burst of excitement as your the only other V I've seen since owning one.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX6RTraded View Post
Ha! Small World. I'm embarrassed to say, I was on my way to Mount Dora Park with the family in a mini-van. All I kept saying to my wife was, "I think he's on the forum". It was a burst of excitement as your the only other V I've seen since owning one.
I think your wife flipped me off. Does she have a french manicure with a small diamond embedded?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullcircle View Post
I think your wife flipped me off. Does she have a french manicure with a small diamond embedded?
Funny. Nah, she just kept smiling. Probably laughing at me at how excited I got seeing another V.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2014, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullcircle View Post
Taking my 10 year old girl with me. I live about 2 hours drive away, just going for the fun of it and seeing what's out there. I'll post pics later for all in the frozen North
Lucky people. Have a great time.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 07:11 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
When I was young and uninformed I thought trailering was stupid. When I ride the interstate to get somewhere and found out how boring it was I started to understand. When I put 20,000 miles on a bike during the first year of ownership and saw my resale value vanish, I understood more. When I think about the cost of tires, maintenance, and wear and tear, I understood even more. When I realized how far you can go on limited vacation time, and two drivers swapping out can cover more ground, I fully undstood.
There is no way I can get out to California, tour the west coast and get back with limited vacation time unless I trailer the bike out with some buddies so we can drive straight through, or fly out and rent, or fly out and buy.

My Versys Travels:

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 11:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX6RTraded View Post
Probably laughing at me at how excited I got seeing another V.
Hmm, yes, I see her "concerns" for you!!!

Glad to hear/see you'n'your little Princess had a good day out FC!!!
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Small world ZX6RTRADED. My best bud from high school had a beautiful place on Lake Dora, but has been buried out that way since he lost his bout with a bad heart back in 97. My inlaws live up in the Villages, and I expect I will be coming down in early Spring to pay respects and visit the inlaws. However, I will not be trailering or bringing down my V from Cincinnati. But I'll keep an eye out for you while on the road. Here in cincinnati I have nevr seen another V, and I got mine last Fall, but I did meet a guy recently hwose friend has on and they do extended trips together. Take care.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode