Blue Versys SPOTTED. Sunday September 6th. Akron Peninsula Road. 2ish pm. - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Blue Versys SPOTTED. Sunday September 6th. Akron Peninsula Road. 2ish pm.

I was driving home from a hike with the dog and GF on Sunday and I saw someone riding a blue Versys with a passenger, in cull gear as far as i could tell. Riding through the C. Valley National Park, going north on Akron Pen Road. Anyone on this site?! I was shocked only because i haven't seen another V in my area ever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 03:47 PM

That would be me and my wife. We took our longest ride yet on the Versys. From Youngstown to Cuyahoga National Park and back. Rode all around the park and ended up in Independence Ohio where we stopped at a Wendy's for lunch. Then back though the park and home. Dumped my bike for the second time there. Started to pull out of a gravel road and I didn't feather the clutch right. It stalled out on me and when I put my foot down it slid on the gravel. (Damn that gravel!) Anyway I put on H&B crash bars after my first fall and they got scraped up but no other damage.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2009, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Well if you recall seeing a big mean looking black nissan xterra, that was me.

So are you two ok after the fall? Did you take any particular route to get to the park? I live, litteraly, in the middle of the park. As long as you watch out for wildlife its a great place to ride.

It was good to see another V in the park. My gf and I both got excited, it was funny. There is NO mistaking that headlight.

How do you like those bars? Im hesitant because i dont want to add any vibration to the bike.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 03:54 PM

I didnít notice the Nissan Xterra. Iím surprised you noticed my Versys because there sure were a lot of bikes out on Sunday. I have a few sore muscles after the fall. I think I strained them trying to hold the bike and my wife up. But once it starts to go with a passenger on the back thereís not much you can do.

I now have some pretty good scratches on the H&B bars and my GIVI topcase. And I had to straighten my rear break lever when I got home. We both were wearing jackets and gloves so we have no cuts or scrapes.

I donít like the interstates so we took 18 (Mahoning Ave.) to 534 to 303 which comes right into the park and then rode on Riverview with a few side trips whenever I saw a side road.

I can feel a little more vibrations since I put on the H&B bars. Mostly in the seat and foot pegs. But I really think they just saved my plastic radiator cover.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Glad you arent to banged up. And you CAN NOT miss that headlight, i have a quick eye and spotted you right away.

I am not a fan of riding on the free way either. Its good to know your route. Maybe my next longer ride we will take yours in reverse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode