post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 10:59 AM

I hope your right.

Cheers!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Considering that I paid $4859 for my '09 (in Nov, '10) w/ ZERO miles...

he must REALLY want it...!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 11:55 AM

Man, I wish I could get a hold of they guy who bid. I would sell him my '09 for 5Gs and buy a '12 or '13.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Considering that I paid $4859 for my '09 (in Nov, '10) w/ ZERO miles...

he must REALLY want it...!

yeah, I have an 08 with only 6000 mi.looks like a brand new one. I would sell him (or her), after I took most of the extras off of it that I put on recently. i don't see any on that bike either. for about $3500.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

i would bet a substantial amount of money that he has already made the winning bid-----------
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Thats what they go for in Cali..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 02:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Thats what they go for in Cali..
So is yours sold then Joe????
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 02:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britmick View Post
So is yours sold then Joe????

Got a guy coming by Monday.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 04:14 PM

Based on the numbers I've seen that's really not that high for a dealer.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 05:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan View Post
Based on the numbers I've seen that's really not that high for a dealer.
Dealers want well over 5 grand for stock used 09's out here...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-28-2014, 06:52 PM

In the shadowy recesses of my mind, the germ of an idea begins to crack through its rough and ugly husk into the light of day: Buy a cheap Versys in the Midwest, ride it to the West Coast, sell it for a profit, fly home, repeat. Sounds like a career plan to me!

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 10:17 AM

Motociclista, that is an option for you if you have low overhead. Back in the 80's my best friend did exactly that with cars. He'd go up to Missouri, buy a car and drive it to Cali and sell it for 3-5 times what he paid for it. He'd work a month and take two off. Repeat. He did it for almost two years. Then he fell in love and she made him get a real job. Lol!
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 10:49 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by motociclista View Post
In the shadowy recesses of my mind, the germ of an idea begins to crack through its rough and ugly husk into the light of day: Buy a cheap Versys in the Midwest, ride it to the West Coast, sell it for a profit, fly home, repeat. Sounds like a career plan to me!
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures...cts/ffvr29.htm

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 11:16 AM
Banned

Do most modern motorcycles comply with the Cali emission laws Joe!!???
I'd certainly give the "buy cheap & sell at a profit" route if it was feasible.
Do you know anyone who wants to buy anything in particular Joe!!!???
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 11:26 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britmick View Post
Do most modern motorcycles comply with the Cali emission laws Joe!!???
I'd certainly give the "buy cheap & sell at a profit" route if it was feasible.
Do you know anyone who wants to buy anything in particular Joe!!!???
It can be a 49 state bike but its needs 7500 miles on it to get registered here if brought in from another state. As of 2013 no aftermarket exhaust on the 13 or newer bikes. I knew a couple of guys looking i sent them links to good deals in Texas but they didn't want to make the trip (p.u.s.s.i.e.s.) They both paid a lot more for what they got here.The deals were good enough that i would have went. I was about to go to texas to pick up a 07 FJR then the one i got popped up at a better price just 2 hours away.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
It can be a 49 state bike but its needs 7500 miles on it to get registered here if brought in from another state. As of 2013 no aftermarket exhaust on the 13 or newer bikes. I knew a couple of guys looking i sent them links to good deals in Texas but they didn't want to make the trip (p.u.s.s.i.e.s.) They both paid a lot more for what they got here.The deals were good enough that i would have went. I was about to go to texas to pick up a 07 FJR then the one i got popped up at a better price just 2 hours away.
I like buying things that require a long drive, I bought a pontoon off of ebay in Conroe tx. 2 years ago. had a great vacation, got a great deal, and the people in Conroe were unbelieveable, everyone I met went out of their way to help us. took an alternate route home and discovered "land between the lakes" area in western ky. wow! what a great place, stayed there 4 days.-----I have a covered trailer to haul my versys in, maybe I should take it to ca. to sell it. it will be another year at least, before I have 7500 miles on it though. been thinking about selling it and the trailer and buying a new versys and a bigger trailer.------
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 03:13 PM

I've had a couple fun weekend trips funded by buyers, while selling bikes on Ebay. Usually I'll say "Email me for possible delivery". If it's someplace I want to go, I'll just charge them for a good part of the gas, if it's near someplace I want to go, they pay ALL the fuel cost. If it's Boise Idaho they pay for all the fuel, food and lodging, haha.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 03:39 PM

Bike is SOLD. Cool for me. The shop he bought it at is in Bensalem, PA about 30 minutes away from me. Maybe He'll join the club or I'll make a Versys spotting this spring..
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-01-2014, 10:02 PM

Maybe I'm missing something. Seems a little high, nothing so crazy it warrants a thread pointing out a ridiculous selling price. Sure, I've seen better deals, but I've seen worse as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode